Sign in to follow this  

Can't Get FSX to Run in Windows 10

I don't know why it won't run in Windows 10.  It ran fine in Windows 7 with no problems.  When I startup it takes a long time to get to the Free Flight and then when launching "Fly Now" it doesn't do anything.  What am I doing wrong?  Help.

Did you install the 353.62 video card drivers?

I'm running on W10 myself without any issues at first. Most of what I had to deal with was making sure that user permissions were set to administrator. Try running in compatibility mode with user administration checked.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

I too couldn't get it to work either on a pristine install of both Windows 10 (latest nvidia drivers etc) and FSX Acceleration in DX10 mode (no third party add-ons or NI installed at this stage). Typically it would CTD with errors in kernelbase.dll or fsxui.dll after alot of flickering of the desktop/black screen after hitting 'Fly Now'. This was with trying all manner of compatibility settings and I run it as admin as a matter of course anyway. Ended up reinstalling Windows 7 in the end.

Tried drivers and compatability mode.  Still not working.  How do update DX9c?

It takes like 20 minutes just to get to the Free Flight. Another 10 minutes to go into any other screen.  I don't know and am very confused.

Are the FSX folders supposed to be Read Only?

Make sure 353.62 video card drivers are installed correctly.

All my file folders are now marked Read Only.

Did all that.  What about permissions?  What should they be?

Thanks for your help.  I'm sorry for all the questions.  Still can't get it to work right.

Took 45 minutes to get into a flight and keeps stopping and starting every couple of seconds.

in windowed moved just a black screen and nothing.

Jim:  I figured it from your post on Flightsim.  It works perfect and very smooth.  Go figure.  Thanks.   :blink:

Pretty sure it's the same stuff I've been posting here. Bet it was the Shaders folder.