Sign in to follow this  

Can't Get FSX to Run in Windows 10

Well I came back to it today and problems again.  I had to do the shaders again.  The whole bootup is slow but eventually gets into a flight.  Getting out or going to windowed mode presents problems.  I am perplexed that this is so weird.  I never had problems in Windows 7.  When going into a flight, I don't see the loading thing just a black screen for a long time.  When ending a flight, no menu to go back to the main screen.  Any ideas?

Well, I finally solved this issue.  I read on the web someplace that the ACPI setting in the bios could be cause a problem in Windows 10.  I went into the bios and reset this from S3 to S1, rebooted, and finally started FSX.  Instant gratification, it started just like in Windows 7.  The only issue left and is not a show stopper is when in full screen mode you get no menus when loading, ending a flight, or changing settings.  I have to switch to windowed mode to accomplish this.

I just wanted to share this information to all who might be having this issue.  Hope it helps.

NICE!

FYI, I checked the other day I do get the menu bar in Full Screen Mode. I know you are not the first to report this.

Thanks Jim.  It was an experience.  Maybe someone will figure out the other issue with the menu bar in full screen mode.  I'll keep an eye on it.

I want to correct the record about my FSX fix in Windows 10.  The next day after the above, I started having the problem again.  I did troubleshooting all this past weekend and week.  I have 100% solved this issue.  The actual problem turned out to be the Reality XP FLT & FLN gauges I was using.  I turned them off and everything works excellent every time.