Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

Nvidia Inspector and Win 10?

Not sure I agree with that. I could not remove the cockpit gauge shimmer in the N control panel but I could with NI and it is gone completely. I do a lot of videos for FSX both commercially and for fun and NI gives me the best video output to work with. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

In another thread I can show show you where NCP did this very thing in regards to the gauge shimmer.

Well it sure does not work!

Tried making a new profile...nothing...tried uninstalling the Nvidia driver to clear everything then reinstalling....nothing..

FSX SE is just ignoring NI completely, it will only take settings on the Control Panel and for me at 1/2 Adaptive causes horrible waves..I lock at 30 fps so NI is vital...not sure I can do anything more...also tried to run a compatibility mode...no dice!

How others have it running in Win 10 beats me!....without this I think I am grounded just find FSX /SE runs so much better with this programme..

So anyone got anything I can try please!

Many Thanks

Mark

In another thread I can show show you where NCP did this very thing in regards to the gauge shimmer.

Sorry, no use posting here anymore. You can go to any high tech forum such as Guru 3d and read what all NI does that the N panel cannot do.  SGSSAA is the setting that is unlocked in NI.

Here is a link to explain how to use it in NI

http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

Here is a quote:

"Nvidia Inspector is a wonderful utility that will expose options not available in the NV control panel, including supersampling. I highly recommend checking it out." 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Sorry, there is no need for SGSSAA in FSX. The 8X Supersampling is good enough for FSX.

Glad your happy with it. Thanks for trying.

I will just leave this here for those that seek higher visuals in FSX

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hey, Jim.  I read the other thread when you posted it, but can't find it now.  Can you aim me the right direction?  I want to give them a try under W10.

Thanks

Thanks, Jim. 

I installed Windows 10 and then entered your suggested settings.  Everything worked great!. . .

For a while.

Then, I started having problems with Windows 10, not FSX or your settings.  Uninstalled Windows 10 and restored Windows 7.  Most programs worked okay, including FSX.  So I re-entered your settings and FSX looks great and runs great.

I will wait until the end of the year before trying Windows 10 again.