Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

Nvidia Inspector and Win 10?

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask if any of you good folks have got NI to work in Win 10?

I ask as I have just done a clean install of Win 10 clean install FSX SE, it works fine but I cannot get NI to work with it at all so can not set 1/2 synch. It did say it needed .NET 3.5 so I down loaded and it still did not work.

I am using the latest Nvidia Driver for my 970....but I am now at a total loss! as to why it will not work. Tried re install DX9 from within the sim but that did not work either.

All the card seems to read is the main Nvidia Control panel setting and that is it! and adaptive 1/2 gives me waves on the screen.

Would love to use this again and want to re use DX 10 fixer but without the NI working there is no point..

Anyone got any tips!

Many Thanks

Mark

Run the NVidia Inspector in Compatibility mode.  I opted for Windows 8 Compatibility.

Regards

Trevor

Hi Mark,

Before I make the suggestion, I must tell you that I do not have Win10 yet, still with Win7, but you could try the following....

1. Start the NI GUI and delete the MS MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X profile. 

2. Make a new profile and call it MS MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X, remembering to tell it to run with the FSX.EXE.

If it works, let me know and I'll tell you how I knew this.  If it does not work, then I am at a loss.

Rich

Or there is Trevor's way :blush:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

If it does not work, then I am at a loss.

It does not work this way.

Mine works just as in win 7 64....

Actually used it with the latest Nvidia drivers ( automatically installed by win 10 during my 2nd login session after the win 10 install was complete (*)) to configure the Prepar3dv2 settings, and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad too. Used my old profiles. No problems at all !

P.S.: Following Jim Skorna's suggestion, I had started using only the Nvidia Control Panel, but I haven't yet found it in win 10 :-)

I confess I didn't spend much time looking for it... As soon as I do, I will probably start using it again as my only "tuning" interface for the graphics - it worked great in win 7 a couple of weeks ago.

(*) This was on my home pc upgrade, last Sunday, but a couple of days before, at the office, I had to manually run the Nvidia Driver for win 10, already available from their site.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Quick access to the classic control panel: WIN+X and then "Control Panel".

NI works as it did on Win 7. No compaitiblity mode needed.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thanks everyone,

Will try some of the advice given and report back...taking a break from it as I have been at it most of the day!

Thanks again everyone

Mark

It does not work this way.

Is that because it's Win 10?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Is that because it's Win 10?

No its because it's a new OS interacting with an old program and the old program needs to be updated.

Yes, but the Nvidia Control Panel works - just install the latest  Nvidia win 10 ready drivers & software for your board.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Too bad NI is the only thing that makes FSX worth running. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

so no issues using dx9 and fsx acceleration?

No menus in DX9 fullscreen. At least for me.

Workaround: Use FSX in borderless windowed mode. There's a mod for that in the library here.

Advantages: Much better ALT+TAB behaviour.

Disadvantages: No more 1/2 refresh rate from NI possible.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Too bad NI is the only thing that makes FSX worth running. 

Good thing for us that N Control Panel still works and makes FSX look and run just as well or even better than with NI.