Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

DC-6 reality xp compatible?

I doubt it. Not only because RealityXP does not longer exist. But mainly due to the fact that the RealityXP GNS series is not compatible to FSX Steam Edition or P3D.  

I hope they will support Flight1's excellent GTN 650.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I doubt it. Not only because RealityXP does not longer exist. But mainly due to the fact that the RealityXP GNS series is not compatible to FSX Steam Edition or P3D.  

I hope they will support Flight1's excellent GTN 650.

theres only room up there for a 430 gps. Its too bad rxp is only for fsxaccel - David Lee

Gents,

Please be careful with the information you're posting. From the Reality-XP website:

"Reality XP offers leading next-gen simulation services and products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 9, FSX, ESP and Laminar Research X-Plane."

P3D is essentially a new version of ESP, so it might be compatible with P3D. That would be a question for them, though. They do make products for X-Plane, and I wouldn't exactly call them "no longer in existence."

I cannot comment on its compatibility with our DC-6, though I'll pass the request on.

Full names are required in every post. Please ensure that this is complied with.

Kyle Rodgers

theres only room up there for a 430 gps. Its too bad rxp is only for fsxaccel - David Lee

The GTN 650 is the same physical size as the GNS 430. Which is not surprising as the GTN 650 is the successor of the GNS 430. So if there is enough room for a GNS 430 the GTN 650 will fit as well.

Gents,

Please be careful with the information you're posting. From the Reality-XP website:

"Reality XP offers leading next-gen simulation services and products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 9, FSX, ESP and Laminar Research X-Plane."

P3D is essentially a new version of ESP, so it might be compatible with P3D. That would be a question for them, though. They do make products for X-Plane, and I wouldn't exactly call them "no longer in existence."

I cannot comment on its compatibility with our DC-6, though I'll pass the request on.

No, the RealityXP gauges are not P3D compatible. See HERE. RealityXP was basically a one-man-show. Unfortunately no one has heard from Jean-Luc Dupiot for years. So I think it's safe to say that RealityXP no longer exists.

Greetings
Tim

No, the RealityXP gauges are not P3D compatible. See HERE.

That thread doesn't state what grounds he was answering on. His RXP FSX license/installer didn't work in P3D, or his ESP license/installer didn't work in P3D. Without having concrete proof, I'd ask that you refrain from making categorical statements about other devs like that.

RealityXP was basically a one-man-show. Unfortunately no one has heard from Jean-Luc Dupiot for years. So I think it's safe to say that RealityXP no longer exists.

The site is still up, and sales can still potentially be made. While you may have your opinion on their activity, again, please mind your statements here in this forum. Until they (or he) closes up his site and stops accepting sales, I don't think anyone here should make statements that drive potential sales away from them (or him).

Be aware that they/he might not be very active in supporting his product? Perhaps.

Claim it no longer exists? No.

I forgot about the 650, true if it's the same size it should fit fine. Maybe PMDG can give us a reality-xp or f1 gtn option.

Full names. Every post. Final warning.

Kyle Rodgers

That thread doesn't state what grounds he was answering on. His RXP FSX license/installer didn't work in P3D, or his ESP license/installer didn't work in P3D. Without having concrete proof, I'd ask that you refrain from making categorical statements about other devs like that.

Don't you think that the fact that not a single person got the RealityXP units to work under P3Dv2 is proof enough? Also the ESP installers where never available for home users.

The site is still up, and sales can still potentially be made. While you may have your opinion on their activity, again, please mind your statements here in this forum. Until they (or he) closes up his site and stops accepting sales, I don't think anyone here should make statements that drive potential sales away from them (or him).

Be aware that they/he might not be very active in supporting his product? Perhaps.

Claim it no longer exists? No.

Yes, the RealityXP homepage is still up. But that's all. The e-commerce is handled by Flight1 and the support is non-existing.

Greetings
Tim

^ look guy, Kyle has asked you politely to stop with the accusations for the last two posts go do it somewhere besides the PMDG forum. Why continue to argue with him?

Shane Egan.

RXP Units are not compatible with P3D.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

^ look guy, Kyle has asked you politely to stop with the accusations for the last two posts go do it somewhere besides the PMDG forum. Why continue to argue with him?

Shane Egan.

They are not accusations. Try emailing RXP or Flight1, look at their forum about possible P3D compatibility. You can buy the program but there is no more support and P3D or steam edition will not work. Developers like Milviz and A2A have said the same thing, no response from the devs even though they have found ways to add compatibility.  - David Lee

Okay. That's enough.

Since home users cannot obtain an ESP license, and P3D is a licensed/rebranded version of ESP, then all of the forum "proof" of the FSX Reality-XP licenses not working is like a bunch of people in other forums complaining that our FSX licenses don't work in P3D. Unless a proven ESP client categorically says "no," then let's avoid making statements here shall we?

I've passed on the RXP in our DC-6 request. Question answered. This thread has run its course. There are plenty of other forums to make claims about other people's products without having concrete, primary evidence (that is to say, not hearsay). This forum is not one of them.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers