Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Got the demo but cannot seem to say the right things

I got the demo and read the manual but nowhere in the manual does it really say how to interact with the co pilot. I tell him things to do and he gets about 1/8 of them correct. 

How do you make this work and is there a list of correct things to say? I tried  a default FSX aircraft to make sure he would respond but had very little response. I also tried in an addon aircraft and he did not respond to most of the commands. 

Lost and need to know before I  use up the demo.

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I got the demo and read the manual but nowhere in the manual does it really say how to interact with the co pilot. I tell him things to do and he gets about 1/8 of them correct. 

How do you make this work and is there a list of correct things to say? I tried  a default FSX aircraft to make sure he would respond but had very little response. I also tried in an addon aircraft and he did not respond to most of the commands. 

Lost and need to know before I  use up the demo.

Thanks,

paul

Hello Paul,

First things first, make sure you run "App Wizard" so MCE sets itself up in your system, this step is critical.

Second, give yourself the time to Calibrate your microphone and also do the speech training, this allows the MCE engine to recognise your tone of voice and accent.

Then, look in the documentation folder, you will most likely find flows and checklists for whatever aircraft you are trying to interact with. You can even make your own.

As a guide, I strongly suggest you look up David Herky's You Tube videos. What he achieves with MCE is something to behold.

All the best

Thanks, I will say that MCE support is fast, very fast as I got a reply in a matter of hours. Says something about the product doesn't it. 

I already did the setup and voice training,, the part I am having trouble with is what to say. I have some addon planes such as the A2A B-377 that I want to make custom commands for but I am afraid that is beyond me. It seems there is only one guy that can really do that well and I will have to see his videos. 

This just might be complicated for an old guy and, by the way, tried it twice in one day (today) and now it says demo over.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, I will say that MCE support is fast, very fast as I got a reply in a matter of hours. Says something about the product doesn't it. 

I already did the setup and voice training,, the part I am having trouble with is what to say. I have some addon planes such as the A2A B-377 that I want to make custom commands for but I am afraid that is beyond me. It seems there is only one guy that can really do that well and I will have to see his videos. 

This just might be complicated for an old guy and, by the way, tried it twice in one day (today) and now it says demo over.

Hi there Warbird,

If you prefer vintage aircraft (I do ' cause I'm a "vintage" age:-)) take a look at my B17 video.

Now that's not a MCE supported aircraft. All the commands used are native FSX.

I did a terrible "How I do it" video, in the FSX playlist ( right at the end of the list.) Its an amateur attempt to show how I use VoxScript to put flows in to the sim.

All I can say is have another go with the program. Williams correct about the speech recognition training. Look at the top of the screen every time you issue a voice command and you can see what MCE has herd you say.

The VoxScript is,for me, a big asset. Once you get to know it you can add any flow you like! Download my flows from Avsim Library, open up the folders and have a look at what's there. Feel free to mess around with the flows to suit your aircraft.

Cheers

David

Thanks, I am mostly a vintage guy and work with for Golden Age Simulations but I also am into high tech and glass. I do have the A2A B-17 so very interested in your video.

I really want the co pilot to fly the plane at times and not just be a checklist guy and from what support said it cannot be done with unsupported aircraft. If your method could accomplish this I might go ahead and buy it (after one day and two tries my demo is over so says the exec when I click on it).

Another question about supported planes. In "It's Your Plane" and "MCE" they claim stock FSX and PD3 aircraft are fully supported. I wonder since the Connie is a stock aircraft in PD3 would it then be supported in FSX where it is non stock?

I am looking at IYP as well because they have many more supported aircraft.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

many more supported aircraft

Because we can give our FO type ratings on complex aircraft, including the heavies with flight engineer from almost any third party aircraft builder (with or without SDK), we don't list all those Carenado Cessna this, Piper that, as supported aircraft.

Any aircraft not on the fully supported list will be seen by MCE as default aircraft. If the aircraft was built in accordance to Microsoft SDK guidelines, MCE will interface it seamlessly, without us doing anything special about it.

There are hundreds of aircraft that fit that category. In real life they are supposed to be flown solo, therefore, no point in listing them. You can have a co-pilot for fun though.

What we do, and no other crew simulation does is have our FO handle some complex aircraft supposedly impossible to interface.

PMDG MD-11 and PMDG 747 (we're not talking about inserting nice flight attendants welcome messages here )

Although we don't claim we have a product specific to PMDG 777, our co-pilot is actually aware of the state of the aircraft and can handle every request accurately including the ECL in VC like it's done in the real world, and not via some dodgy 2D panel that has nothing to do with SOPs. We don't trick you with some audio to tell you to ensure some item is set to a specific position because we can't read its status. Hint, hint

We also handle most Captain Sim, Quality Wings, Wilco and Feelthere aircraft. We are the only outfit that can handle them in VC without fake pretend panels. Period.

I really am not interested in the single pilot, single engine aircraft. Twins and light heavies are what I am interested in. I like your product and the service is more than great, it is fantastic.

But if I cannot get the co pilot to fly my Duke or my A2A B-377 while I take a potty break than I am not interested in this program. 

I think I am expecting too much from it and being unrealistic in same. Again, great product, fantastic service, demo sucks (used a couple times in one day and it says demo over), not nearly enough time to decide on such a pricey add on, (IYP gives three weeks on demo).

i-5vbvgq6-S.png