Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New dovetails Flight simulator due in 2016 on both Xbox One and Windows 10

http://www.thosegamers.com/dovetail-games-to-bring-flight-simulator-2016-to-xbox-one/

Not sure how it will pan out for player who will play exclusively on the console. Does that mean flight stick are coming to console ? This will be interesting to see on it develops.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Does that mean flight stick are coming to console ?

No, it means that they're developing it for the crowd who thinks GTA V is a better flight simulator than FSX (I have actually seen people say this more than once before). How deeply, deeply disappointing. Remember that thread they made asking us what we'd like to see? Looks like they just went "Pffft LOL lets make an airplane game : P :D : P :3  !!!1!!1!!11!"

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Sounds like a XBone release of Microsoft Flight to me

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Probably realized how garangutan task it is to build a flight simulator and decided to salvage the project with some kiddo kiddo point and fly.

Oh well. I love my FSX :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Is this a joke? Come on Dovetail, I can't believe this.

Sounds like some of you have never played FSX or P3D with an Xbox controller... It's actually pretty darn satisfying since it's easy and accessible, having that little joystick under your left thumb for elevator/aileron. The right thumbstick for leisurely looking around and the two triggers for rudder... No need to purchase any extra hardware if you don't want it. They might even throw in Kinect later on for headtracking.

And it might bring a bit of new interest to flight games/sims from hardware manufacturers, since it's a new audience (and a pretty decent sized audience at that).

I'd say, don't knock it until you've seen it in action. It might actually be interesting if they take it seriously :P.

Wow...Lots of bubbles just went KA-POWWW!! For those who were holding out hope...Sorry...It's not fun for anyone to hear this sort of news.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sounds like some of you have never played FSX or P3D with an Xbox controller... It's actually pretty darn satisfying since it's easy and accessible, having that little joystick under your left thumb for elevator/aileron. The right thumbstick for leisurely looking around and the two triggers for rudder... No need to purchase any extra hardware if you don't want it. They might even throw in Kinect later on for headtracking.

In my opinion using an X-Box controller for FS is not exactly "realistic". Joysticks/Yokes make FS realistic. And how can you engage LNAV/VNAV, for example, on an X-Box controller?! It may be fun for some, but not for flight sim enthusiasts who want want their experience to be as realistic as possible. Most of us at Avsim want maximum realism, so I'm expecting a lot of disappointment. (I know I'm disappointed. I realize I'm saying this at a really early stage, too. I hope DTG proves me wrong). 

But for those who say that the future of FS is bleak, don't worry! X-Plane will remain the awesome desktop sim it always has been! Once FSX gets too old I see most of us going over to XP. 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Once FSX gets too old I see most of us going over to XP.

Once it gets too old? It's already old!

In my opinion using an X-Box controller for FS is not exactly "realistic". Joysticks/Yokes make FS realistic. And how can you engage LNAV/VNAV, for example, on an X-Box controller?! It may be fun for some, but not for flight sim enthusiasts who want want their experience to be as realistic as possible.

This is meant in the least offensive way possible, but it's only more realistic in people's minds. It's a bit of plastic with springs/elastics. It's not more realistic in any physical way except for being in the shape of a yoke. If you have ever, and I mean ever, held the controls of an actual aircraft in flight (large or small) you will know that no yoke from Saitek or CH is close to realistic. Again, not meant to offend anyone. It's just my opinion (as sim and actual pilot).

Anyway, it should be interesting and it's still a long way away. They might make it more like MS Flight with GA aircraft focus. They could implement Kinect stuff to manipulate certain controls. And on the PC I'm pretty sure you'll be able to hook up whatever you want :P.

I don't have an issue with a flight simulator on an Xbox because that doesn't affect me....whatsoever actually.

This is meant in the least offensive way possible, but it's only more realistic in people's minds. It's a bit of plastic with springs/elastics. It's not more realistic in any physical way except for being in the shape of a yoke. If you have ever, and I mean ever, held the controls of an actual aircraft in flight (large or small) you will know that no yoke from Saitek or CH is close to realistic. Again, not meant to offend anyone. It's just my opinion (as sim and actual pilot).

Ever played Call of Duty? Either X-Box, Playstation or Wii? How realistic do you think it is to use your thumbs and fingers to hunt down and kill the enemy? A soon as I got COD (and I have all of them), I got the "rifle grip" for the controller, so at least I was shooting with what seemed pretty close to a gun, and not a controller.

Same with the yoke and throttles and rudder pedals on FSX.  There is no way I'd ever fly something like the PMDG or A2A fleet using an X-Box controller. Hell, I wouldn't even fly the Cub that way. In your words, not to be offensive, but flight simming on a Playstation or X-Box is more the game than the sim. I don't PLAY FSX, I fly a simulator. Just my $.02, of course.

Edited by n4gix
Moved reply outside of quote box.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not surprising. And given that it's coming so soon, it's almost certainly just FLIGHT rebooted with possibly some new lighting or something. 

It'll almost assuredly be a small area by they'll build out from with in house DLC. If it were any wider in scope, it wouldn't be coming out in 2016. Anything dumped out in a year's time is going to be limited.