Sign in to follow this  
John Lewis

FSX Config

Hi John,

I split your topic from a very old post.  The link you provided in OP has bad information.  For one, you should never ever install only the 64 bit version of the Microsoft Visuals C++ 2005, 2008, or 2010.  FSX is a 32 bit application and only uses the x86 or 32 bit versions of this program.  If you would like more information about the FSX.cfg, please check out the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is Configuration Guide link ( http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/41-basic-fsx-p3d-configuration-guide/ ) broken? Download link does not work, even though I am logged in message indicates I am not.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Is Configuration Guide link ( http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/41-basic-fsx-p3d-configuration-guide/ ) broken? Download link does not work, even though I am logged in message indicates I am not.

Thanks,

Bob

The link specified in your post takes me to the proper page.

*UPDATE:

The link take syou to the proper page and after a couple of clicks of the mouse, I too get the same red message 

Sorry, we could not find that or you do not have permission to access it. If you are attempting to access a specific forum and are receiving this message, it is likely that you have not signed in or are not registered. Please sign in, or register. Registration and use of the AVSIM is free and only takes a minute or two. Join the largest flight simulation community on the net today! If you are registered and signed in, click on the AVSIM banner at the top left. If you are attempting to log in from a TOR network, you will not be allowed to do so.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Will try to get it fixed.  Thanks for letting us know there's a problem with the link!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Will try to get it fixed.  Thanks for letting us know there's a problem with the link!

Best regards,

Jim. any luck in finding time to get this link fixed? Thanks, looking forward to getting an updated copy.

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Jim. any luck in finding time to get this link fixed? Thanks, looking forward to getting an updated copy.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Our main server is down (the one that handles the forums, files, the front page).  Although AVSIM is running great right now it is via the AVSIM Library Server.  We have our tech working on the bad server today and perhaps this weekend.  We think the problem downloading this file and some other files is that the file location is on the bad server.  We are close to getting the main server fixed.  If not fixed by this weekend, we will have to work out another solution.  Meanwhile, I will send you the original from my computer. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM