Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Best mesh to use with P3Dv2.

Confused on whether I need fs global ftx version or fs ultimate the Americas?

Kevin Humphryes

Depends you your goal.  The global product is as the name implies: Global.  The Ultimate packages are for regions and have higher resolution.

I fly long routes but I am based in the US so I have both the global version and the Americas to improve the region I am most familiar with.  I started with just global and added Americas a few months later and one of these days will add some of the other Ultimate packages.

There's no frame rate penalty, and not much impact on VAS (textures us tons more than mesh).  Only impact I've noticed is load time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for that! What about compatibility with P3dv2 ( the Americas)?

Kevin Humphryes

All mesh is compatible with p3d - for the very best mesh ofx mega mesh for the US cant be beat - but they only have a mega product for the US

Rich Sennett

Rob, how much increase in load time do you have witrh OFX...I still use a mech. HD.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

+1

Don't waste your money on the payware - the freemesh stuff is excellent.

Agreement

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

+1

Don't waste your money on the payware - the freemesh stuff is excellent.

+++1

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

+++1

++++++++++++ :Big Grin: ++++++++++1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Indeed, I've got FSG2010 for FTX, but I dont even install it anymore, Freemesh has more detail, especially in the areas that are mostly flat. Buy a nice aircraft instead and go for the freeware mesh. :P

You can find downloads in the freeware section from Avsim.

Cheers!

Maarten

That's great news thank you guys. So assuming it's compatible with P3D and Orbx? And is it hard to install ?

Kevin Humphryes

Actually, neither of those products are "mesh" products, rather they are replacement terrain textures with autogen and updated night lighting. I have used both and personally prefer the FTX Global Base product. You will get a variety of answers here... so personal preference definitely rules.

For terrain mesh I use the Pilot's FSG2010 Mesh for FTX. As the name states, it works very well with the FTX global products.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64