Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Best mesh to use with P3Dv2.

All mesh is compatible with p3d - for the very best mesh ofx mega mesh for the US cant be beat - but they only have a mega product for the US

I have to wonder about OFX Simulation's USA Megamesh. I bought the product right off their website and was never given a proper download link. Email addresses are either undeliverable or unanswered. Thankfully I paid thru Paypal and am now trying to get my money back.

Freemesh is the way to go.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

How about that freemesh project. Appears to cover the world, although It is broken down into smaller downloadable portions

Almost covers the whole world. The US of A will get its own separate expansion pack, going from LOD10 to LOD11 and LOD12. What FreeMeshX Global does is just bring the rest of the world to the LOD10 standard as much as possible (could've technically gone with LOD11, but the gains would have been minimal with our source data).

I actually find LOD10 very pleasant to look at, so that's why we prioritized improving the rest of the world to LOD10 first before going on to improving the United States. If you want a USA mesh now, you can certainly pay for one. There are very decent payware ones out there from the looks of it. Or you could wait for FreeMeshX - USA. It's coming. In due time :)

I have to wonder about OFX Simulation's USA Megamesh. I bought the product right off their website and was never given a proper download link. Email addresses are either undeliverable or unanswered. Thankfully I paid thru Paypal and am now trying to get my money back.

Freemesh is the way to go.

Buy it from simmarket - it is awesome - wouldnt say so if it wasnt true

Rich Sennett

You could give FreeMeshX a try. It is a quality addon, free to download and can be found in the Freeware Support Forums.

I am using FS Global Ultimate the America's because it was the only mesh that provided a better quality for Canada 2-3 years ago. It works very well with P3D, but as others have reported as well, it takes very long (3-5 minutes) for P3D 2.5 to launch when this mesh is installed. I don't mind too much (I use the time for flight prep) but you should be aware of this.

Best,

Peter

You could give FreeMeshX a try. It is a quality addon, free to download and can be found in the Freeware Support Forums.

+1

Another vote here for freemeshX, it plays well with all FTX products, its free and being developed and updated.

Or you could wait for FreeMeshX - USA. It's coming. In due time :)

Um...I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I may have just done a little happy dance :)

Chris