Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Radar Contact, Prepar3d, Mult Crew Experience, & Windows 10?

Has anyone tried Radar Contact, Prepar3d, and Windows 10 yet?

If so, did you experience any problems?

Also, I have Multi Crew Experience...anyone with Windows 10 have success with this add on too?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

P3D v2.5 = no problems. If I understand RadarContact is not compatible with P3D v2.5, or....?

Jack

the Swede in spaion

Radar contact was tricky setting up a missing .dll, but after that p3d+win10+radar contact= WIN!

Thanks for the feed back. I should have mentioned I do have Prepar3d and Radar Contact working very well in Windows 8.1.

I also have FSX, Radar Contact, and Multi Crew working well in Windows 8.1.

I have not tried Multi Crew with Prepar3d, but I would expect it to work OK with it and Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I will give Windows 10 upgrade a try.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thanks for the feed back. I should have mentioned I do have Prepar3d and Radar Contact working very well in Windows 8.1.

I also have FSX, Radar Contact, and Multi Crew working well in Windows 8.1.

I have not tried Multi Crew with Prepar3d, but I would expect it to work OK with it and Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I will give Windows 10 upgrade a try.

If your main concern is with Multi Crew Experience, you'll be pleased to hear it was tested with the Windows 10 preview, and there are no worries there.

It's also compatible with P3D V2.5

Thanks Gerald!

That's the information I needed!

Thanks Gerald!

That's the information I needed!

You're welcome.

Just one recommendation...

If UAC is enabled, and you can keep it that way, you must 

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "Prepar3D.exe" (or "fsx.exe") to run as administrator.

As most flight simmers would tell you, it would be wiser to install P3D anywhere, except inside C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

It's not for P3D itself. Some add-ons may attempt to create or edit files there, and you start running into permission issues causing weird things to happen.

Majestic q400 patch just released, fully win10 compatible now! Finally some interesting and exciting win10 news!