Sign in to follow this  
whoispankaj

Another xplane update is available

b7 is downloading as I type.  78MB with 256 space needed.  No release notes....

John

John Wingold

Thanks for the heads up John, will try it out this evening

Not so fast... Seems to have broken FMS in my 777.....  Says no route selected when everything is set up and stepped through.

Testing before submitting report.

John

Update..... loaded 10.36... everything works

Loaded 10.40b7 again and same problem ... NO ROUTE SELECTED.  Bug report filed.

Update #2 -- I found my copy of 10.40b5 - Good to go.....  Always make backups... Forgot with b6, but it changed nothing from b5, so I'm good!

John Wingold

Over at the Org, there are others with different aircraft, finding that b7 is messing up their FMS.  I have submitted a bug report, but there is, just like last time, no information on the developer site.  Hoping b8 will be coming down soon.

John

John Wingold

This beta is better than b5 for me, and the purple halos seem to have disappeared. I haven't given it a full run with all my addons etc, but it looks better so far. I'm not sure what new features are in yet, awaiting the changelog.

This beta is better than b5 for me

Tony - Have you been flying with any advanced FMS aircraft and have you noticed any "flashes" of light?  Somebody else said they were not having any problems.... maybe I'll roll it back (non-beta) and try it again.

John

Update ---- Same thing...

John Wingold

Have you been flying with any advanced FMS aircraft and have you noticed any "flashes" of light?

I don't have any advanced FMS aircraft, the most complex I have is the Saab 340. However, this seems to work fine. I didn't notice any flashing, but FPS still seems the same.

I don't have any advanced FMS aircraft

I think the majority of the problem is with the FMS in FF aircraft.  I have seen problems with my 777 and others have had problems with those FMS which, I assume, are pretty close to the real thing.  Hopefully, it will be corrected soon as I really do like my 777.

John

John Wingold

I think the majority of the problem is with the FMS in FF aircraft.  I have seen problems with my 777 and others have had problems with those FMS which, I assume, are pretty close to the real thing.  Hopefully, it will be corrected soon as I really do like my 777.

John

i confirm also, serious issues with FMS plan after updating to b7. Worldliner 777  even with activated route there is always a warning of "NO ROUTE SELECTED" . Same goes with Jardesign 330 when autopilot is "ON",  plane doesnt follow the route

the weird part is that FlightFactor 350xwb is working perfectly. re-installed and re-activated the aircrafts didnt fix anything... this is a serious bug!

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Same problem with the Jar Design A320. It won't follow the flight plan. Hopefully there will be a fix quickly.

NAX669.png

Guest Mik75

I still have the red and cyan lines around the edges of the plane and the horizon in b7...

I was naively hoping there would be weather depiction improvements at some point, but I see there are still (only) 3 layers of cloud.

I was naively hoping there would be weather depiction improvements at some point, but I see there are still (only) 3 layers of cloud.

that was never the scope of this 10.4 update. The only weather update we get in 10.4 is that we now have functioning winds aloft, which is a big thing for a lot of people. They said more weather will and with 2-3 developers working on weather engines, things will change eventually.