Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Windows 10 Causes Error Code 1603

I just spent four plus hours downloading and installing Win 10. When I tried to run FSX, it loaded my last saved flight but I could "Not" change settings, aircraft, or even exit without rebooting the entire computer. Also my legacy ATI 4650 video drivers were being hijacked by what ever Win 10 deemed as current for my system. That made the video look like trash.

Then I made my second mistake of the day and removed FSX so that I could do a clean re-install of this program. When FSX would not install in the updated Win 10, I said enough and rolled back to my Win 7 Home Premium. 

So far, my system appear to be OK except that now I get a error code 1603 which stops FSX from being installed.

How do I fix this problem short of nuking the hard drive and doing a clean win 7 install? Last week I did a overwrite of Win 7 and had to reinstall over 230 system updates. Would doing another overwrite clear out this error code 1603?

As far as I am concerned, my system runs very well on Win 7 and until I face another XP type forced upgrade, the Win 10 upgrade will remain hidden in the system upgrade section.

Terry

Just a quick update.

It took several days to remove and replace the "Free" Win 10 update with the "Old" but paid for Win 7. After several attempts to get FSX reloaded, I believe I am back on the way to enjoyable flight sim flying. The old saying is you get what you pay for and in "My" case, that was very true. Twenty years from now, Win 10 might be called the best O/S that Microsoft has ever made, just not right now though.

Terry

The error code of 1603 was caused by an improper, partial, uninstall, not by Win 10. You can search and find this error come up over and over again.

But you have things fixed and that is good.