Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Sardinia & Corsica

I learned something good this week. NEVER volunteer to do a flight plan unless you have a clear idea what you intend to do!

My first thought was the Florida Keys (jokes about Ernest Hemingway/Joe's bar/etc. I took a trip down some of them and it was abysmal. It will probably be fine when  NA LC comes out.

Ooh! I know how's about continuing on from the Caribbean trip by making our way along the South American coast. Yeuch! Scenery is third world and add-on airports are worse.

In desperation (it's now Wednesday and panic is setting in) Sardinia and Corsica! EU LC and although the add-on airports are thin on the ground, what there are aren't too much hassle.

So there we have it.

Flight plan

LIEE

LIET

LIEO

These are all sardinian airports. I couldn't find anything Corsican that was worth the trouble.

Now. The 'narrative'. On Sardinia there are a lot of Sardinians. On Corsica there are a lot of Corsicans. (Napoleon was a Corsican and it worked quite well for him for a while, but like all Corsican megalomaniacs, it didn't end well.  :BigGrin: 

You'll be delighted to know I know nothing of the hotel arrangements on either island. :unknw:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Only for those who like their airports. You can get a more ambitious version of Cagliari Elmas (LIEE) here:

http://j4g.forumcommunity.net/?t=54350223

This is version 1.3 (dated 11-11-2014). This is pretty good scenery with lots of detail at the airport (including the new terminal) and it also adds custom made objects for the city and port of Cagliari.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I missed that one, thanks Mike. :good:

EDIT: Whoa! I just flew it and it really wakes the place up! :good: :good:

:BigGrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Argg!  Once again I am doing grand daughter care taking as my son was asked to come into work.  Love my grand daughters and my son....but this keep interfering with my ability to free wheel on Sat morning.

Hope the flight goes well.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3