Sign in to follow this  
ricere

Purchase of PMDG 777/737 - 'Captains' Manuals

Hello,

Manuals are not available for sale! At one time they were available and I did not have the cash and now I do and they're not accessible. Are they being updated in some fashion or are there problems between PMDG/Boeing on selling them?

Thanks

Richard Rice

Regards,

Richard Rice

Hello,

Manuals are not available for sale! At one time they were available and I did not have the cash and now I do and they're not accessible. Are they being updated in some fashion or are there problems between PMDG/Boeing on selling them?

Thanks

Richard Rice

I tried a search and all I found were links to the software itself.  Been thinking about a purchase myself.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

I am just guessing that they had a supply contract with the printer to do the manuals and a lack of sales led to a decision to allow the contract to expire. Just guessing here, I have no "inside" info on this. Supply contracts often cost regardless of items ordered or there is a minimum order quantity, and without a supply contract the by- the-piece pricing would be prohibitive.  Of course, it could be an number of things.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi I have a set of PMDG 737NGX manuals (no posters) for sale including Fight Crew Ops Manuals 1 & 2, Flight Crew Training Manual, QRH, Lights & Switches, Jeppesen Charts & Laminated Checklists. I'm based in the UK bt happy to ship worldwide if size/weight limits allow. PM me for further details.

Over in this thread, RSR indicated that PMDG discontinued the printed manuals because their licensing costs went up too much: "Those product lines were phased out over the summer due to a dramatic increase in pricing associated with the source data."

Hmmmmm, I'm teased. I've just bought the 737 too, but my heart is with the 777.

Alaister Kay

I have a barely opened NGX set collecting dust.... In all honesty, I regret having made the purchase. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but there's just no point in this day and age with tablets (we have the PDF files provided to us, so make like a real modern day captain and use your Google iSurface Fire!)

So don't feel too bad that they are off sale. Use the money to buy the 744 when its out!!!!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I'd like to get a set of the B747 pmdg manuals.

Dave

Interesting fact is that the PDF manuals are locked as well, you cant print them!