Sign in to follow this  
HondaJet

Proper way to Uninstall NGX for P3D?

Guys, I have the FS2Crew Reboot and am having problems where they recommend I uninstall it and PMDG NGX and then start over "clean".  I am running Win7 and P3D 2.5+ hotfixes.

Before I do the NGX uninstall I wanted to make sure I have the proper steps to do it.  

I seem to remember from old forum posts about doing something in the FMC before doing the Win Control Panel Uninstall of NGX.   But after 1.5 hours of searching these forums and PMDG manuals I just can't find any reference to it.

Can anyone provide all the proper steps to complete this process.  It would be greatly appreciated since I want to do this right the first time.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

I seem to remember from old forum posts about doing something in the FMC before doing the Win Control Panel Uninstall of NGX.   But after 1.5 hours of searching these forums and PMDG manuals I just can't find any reference to it.

Unless you're changing hardware, or reformatting your OS, DO NOT return the license. There are too many people who, somewhat thankfully, read the manual enough to know that the feature is there, but not enough to know when to do it. If you do it too much in a certain time period, it will start using up your extra activations and lock you out.

There are pinned instructions in the General Forum, though an uninstall via the control panel, and then a reinstall would suffice.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle, I appreciate your prompt helpful answer.  Looking forward to some more Kyle videos.  :lol:

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

Thank you Kyle, I appreciate your prompt helpful answer.  Looking forward to some more Kyle videos.  :lol:

Jerry

You're welcome. I'd actually started to make a video last night, but got tired, so I quit the sim and went to go pass out. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow. We'll see.

Kyle Rodgers