Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

PMDG + P3D +Windows 10....

On my computer everything works fine with Windows 10.

I only had a problem with upgrading. (windows 10) This was caused by OrbX. (found this solution on the internet)

I don't know why but Windows stops upgrading. After removing orbx the upgrade succeed and after reinstalling Orbx everything works fine.

I have the feeling that it is a little bit better on fps. ((2/3 more ) but not certain about that. Didn't test this properly

This was caused by OrbX. (found this solution on the internet)

Don't tease us, what's the problem and the solution and the source??

I found this http://forum.avsim.net/topic/472563-to-anyone-getting-the-0x80070004-0x3000d-on-install/ 

which refers to a zero length file named TODO that Orbx very sloppily puts in the windows start menu folder in the appdata\roaming\windows\...etc. area. Is that what you found?

PS:  That TODO file just got deleted here...

I love it that others are willing to try Windows 10. Thank you so much.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry Dan,

You're right.

Here is where I found it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-80070004-3000d-when-trying-to-install/01c85e4a-6ee6-4665-bdda-683e57d02eb3?auth=1

Fixed!

I got in touch with MS 3 times.

The first time the chap changed an OSWindowsUpdate registry entry but that didn't make a difference. The second time we used the Media Creation Tool option and again, no joy and same problem. The 3rd time, however, he deleted an empty folder from the Start menu (and I deleted a few more) and then ran the Media Creation Tool and it worked flawlessly.

So try this:

Go into your start menu C:\users\<youraccount>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete any empty folders. If you run a flight simulator, apparently the ORBX folder (scenery addon software) is specifically causing the issue. 

Once that's gone, then got to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install and download and run the Windows Update from there.

Thanks Eric. 

I have been having a nightmare installing this update. I think I have tried about 7 different times...all failed. I am going to use your method now and see if it works. 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Don't know how many people have had problems with the upgrade to win10 but I am one of them. First I couldn't complete the upgrade without first deleting a file out of an ORBX directory. Then FSX:SE would freeze/crash within the first 5 minutes of a flight. The only suggested fix that has worked so far is switching to dx10 preview mode. Just completed a short flight in the 737ngx and all went well (haven't tried the weather radar though). My best guess is that I have an dx9 issue. Or it could be FSX:SE related as I've seen more people with problems with win10 over on their forums.

John Knapp

My upgrade to WIN 10 went well, however after the upgrade was completed I tried to restart FSX (no joy),  Very slow - asked all the "trusted software" questions.  Took forever to load. I'm running DX 10 Scenery Fixer as well.  FSX was running very smooth in WIN 7.

My upgrade to WIN 10 went well, however after the upgrade was completed I tried to restart FSX (no joy),  Very slow - asked all the "trusted software" questions.  Took forever to load. I'm running DX 10 Scenery Fixer as well.  FSX was running very smooth in WIN 7.

You could decide to go to P3D. No need for fixer anymore, if FSX runs smooth on your computer than P3D should do as well.

And with the two tools from Flightsim Astonia you could install every FSX addon in P3D.

(Beware some addons had legal issues)

And with the two tools from Flightsim Astonia you could install every FSX addon in P3D.

Estonia.

...but this generally isn't a good idea anyway. Not only for the legal issues you mentioned, for the fact that it can cause issues with certain addons that even have P3D-specific installers. As an example, some of our testers saw issues with our aircraft with our P3D-specific installers. The tool was somehow interfering.

Kyle Rodgers

Estonia.

...but this generally isn't a good idea anyway. Not only for the legal issues you mentioned, for the fact that it can cause issues with certain addons that even have P3D-specific installers. As an example, some of our testers saw issues with our aircraft with our P3D-specific installers. The tool was somehow interfering.

Hi Kyle,

Estonia, you are right.

If I talk about add ons, I never think of airplanes. Only about scenery.

Never tried to install a FSX airplane. To tricky for me, I haven't got the knowledge to know certain if something works the way it should.

I'm running FSX in W10 in DirectX 9 mode with no problems at all. My aircraft "preview window" started working again after I deleted and allowed for a new FSX.cfg.

One thing I noticed is that UIautomationcore.dll was deleted automatically during the upgrade. Not sure why, but it was. I had to redownload it and replace it in the FSX root folder, and that's it.

One thing I noticed is that UIautomationcore.dll was deleted automatically during the upgrade. Not sure why, but it was. I had to redownload it and replace it in the FSX root folder

UIAutomationCore.dll 6.0.5840.16386? Mine stayed put.

DX9 and DX10 OK, but I had to recreate the NVidia CP profile.

Also had to re apply Saitek panels power fix in the registry.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Well, I took the chance and installed on my flightsim PC. The installation was buttery smooth and fast and I had no issues with P3D or any other addon including ORBX.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I eventually got Win10 installed after much irritation. I finally found that I needed to delete the empty folders from the start menu and that errant ORBX file. I finally got it, and it seems to run very smoothly, just needs some time to get used too. 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators