Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

PMDG + P3D +Windows 10....

It's always better to perform a clean install of the OS rather than an upgrade.

I had only one issue which was the quarz font needed for the 737 cockpit overhead was missing,(possibly not installed as administrator).

The font was in the PMDG fonts folder,so I right-clicked the font, install - and it then installed in the Windows\fonts folder.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello together,

I upgraded to Win10 this week. Seems to be fine so far. Programms generally are working properly.

The next Thing I did was updating my nvidia Driver.

Concerning FSX I found out that some settings got lost. The profiles for the Nvidia Inspector vanished but could be restored from the place I had saved them.

FSX in general was running properly.

I had two issues with PMDG products:

1. When initially loading a PMDG plane (777 or NGX) I was asked for the activation key. After introducing this activation was confirmed and FSX crashed. When loading FSX I was asked to activate the PMDG plane again. A vicious cycle.

Kyle Rogers mentioned in a thread to reinstall SimConnect. This worked for the activation.

2. I had some problem with DX10 so I started FSX with DX9 and it worked. In the meantime I managed to have FSX worked with DX10 again. Helpful was to start it not in full screen but in windowed mode. From there full Screen was no problem any more.

For me the upgrade has worked with minor and solvable Problems. Hope this will be OK for the weeks coming.

Regards

Michael

Michael Schuch

Hi all: Like most people all add ons worked great on win7. Took the plunge this and upgraded to win10. I run FSX Steam. No boxed version. I fire up FSX and no prob. I even notice a significant increase in frame rates. Even when I move to KORD. Frames used to be around 5, now I'm up around 12! All good untill I try loading my NGX. CTD. Rats. Same with other high end aircraft. Electronic Flight Board fails to run as well.  Anyone else have this problem with win10? In the meantime, back to win7. I'll eat the frame rates for more stability. 

Steve Sumner

Good afternoon,

I am wondering if anyone was brave enough to install Windows 10 yet. If so, has there been compatibility issues? I am very tempted to install it, but am nervous that my PMDG and other high end addons will cease to work properly. Any insight would be awesome. Thank you.

Perfect combination, on a clean Win10 install though. None of the USB disconnect issues experienced in Win8.

The performance is on par with Win7

Stefan Ticusan

Stefan Ticusan

I upgraded to Win10 and i have an issue with PMDG 777 activation key. After activation the P3D crashed. When loading P3D I was asked to activate the PMDG again n again.

I upgraded to Win10 and i have an issue with PMDG 777 activation key. After activation the P3D crashed. When loading P3D I was asked to activate the PMDG again n again.

This can occur when the proper SimConnect files are not reinstalled. Check the readme file that comes with the downloaded installer for details.

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required to be in each post.

Kyle Rodgers

not sure if it is the case also for P3D, but I migrated my FSX to Win 10 right after release, all add-ons work fine and i do have a pretty list.... 

ASNext, PFPX, Topcat, REX texture direct + soft clouds, navigraph charts, FS2Crew NGX rebooted and 777, Virtual CDU, PMDG's NGX and 777, GSX, FSDT airports etc, etc

no issues at all

the only thing I had to tweak was the USB disconnect issue known to many from Win8 days, I had to deactivate some USB feature in BIOS (not sure again what :) )

in the mean time all good, thinking nevertheless about doing a fresh and clean install due to other little hick-ups that the upgrade process brought to life.

I recommend doing a fresh install, not necessarily because of simulator issues, but as a general advice to get the OS clean.