Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Version 2.9 Update Process

Could someone check this? It is really annoying that the cockpit shadows are gone with v2.9 and W10...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

They are not broken I have w10 and 2.9, something is up with your system. Run diagnostics, rebuild all the shaders ( just go into debug and press apply) check in the default Cessna, make sure that the libraries are installed perhaps uninstall installl of libraries.

If you still don't see them uninstall libraries and run In Default dx10 preview you should see blocky shadows.

Check all the necessary conditions are set

Running in dx10 preview

Aircraft casts shadow on self set

force vc shadows in fsx.cfg

Make sure force cc walls set for a2a

Make sure disable fade is selected if visibility isn't unlimited

Well, I still do not see them. But I realized that my Preview DX10 checkbox has disappeared from my FSX menue, how can that be? In my FSX.cfg, it still has D3D10=1 written, but the checkbox is definitively gone. Strange...

EDIT: ok, my bad. I had the SweetFX installed and did not know that this seems not to be compatible with Windows 10 for the moment and thus eliminated my DX10 checkbox and this is most probably also the reason for my strange behaviour of FSX so far. Glad you helped my sort this out, now I will see if my FSX is back to normal without using SweetFX. Sadly, this means I am also back to the washed look of my colours... Might find another solution though...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS