Sign in to follow this  
erelis

Non-precision approaches

Hello,

Does anybody tried Non-precision approaches  with SOP3? How about approach flow then (mised approach altitude etc.)? Maybe there is some tutorial?

Thank you

Haris  

So! I found a mic...

While non precision approaches is not modeled so far, the procedures are not that tough... There are some differences with the way you brief, but I will leave that out. The first major point comes with getting established.

Two NM before reaching the "decent point" (the point where the FMC uses an angle to determine descend) the PM (FO in FS2CREWs case) will call "Approaching descend" you then have three things you need to do. Select the MDA rounded up to nearest hundred on the MCP, verify you are in VNAV and press speed intervention, you then make the call

"XXX FEET SET, VNAV PTH, SPD INTV"

When then crossing the FAF you say

"FAF XXXX FEET, NO FLAGS"

PM will respond

"ALTITUDE CHECKS NO FLAGS"

You then descend, you configure just like an ILS

at 1000 feet REAL LIFE!! you select missed approach altitude, BUT you can not do that in NGX, As when the ALTITUDE KNOB reaches your current altitude NGX will go in "VNAV ALT" which the real one (at least the one we use) doesn't, so leave that out of it.

When you have contact you can disconnect, ask the FO to "recycle FD" turning them off and then on, and then land.

That's a non presicion approach with VNAV :)

Best Regards

Lukas Agerskov

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Two NM before reaching the "decent point" (the point where the FMC uses an angle to determine descend) the PM (FO in FS2CREWs case) will call "Approaching descend"

Unfortunately due to SDK limits, that PM call cannot be modelled because FS2Crew can't "read" when you are 2 NM's back of the FAF.

The other calls however can be made.

The PM will make the FAF call.

The call associated with recycling the flight directors can be made as well.

I have been doing NPA approaches with the NGX and if you spin the altitude knob fast enough when about 300 feet below FAF altitude it will remain on path with VNAV.

I believe I read somewhere (bulffersfmcguide) I think you set MAA 300 feet your actual MAA. I'm no pro so take that with a grain of salt.

Sean Green

Lukas what if your DA/MDA is higher than 1000ft ? When would you set the MAA in that case?

Vernon Howells

Just at another time :) when you have capacity on the approach after the FAF :)

Best Regards

Lukas Agerskov

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg