Sign in to follow this  
crossave

Radeon R9 270 and Pixel Shader?

A couple of years ago, there was a post in this forum which dealt with a download made available for ATI based graphics cards.  It was called something like "Shader 3.0 mod."  At that time, NVidia cards had something in their hardware that ATI cards lacked.  Excuse my ignorance, but I am not informed to the intricate workings of video cards.  But, pixel shading was considered an important development, and I also believe that DirectX was including support for these shaders.  The point of the Shader 3.0 mod was that only NVidia cards were utilizing this technology.

Hence my question stemming from my own ignorance.....With today's AMD Radeon cards, namely my own Radeon r9 270, as well as the fact that the latest Directx drivers are supposed to offer Shader 5.0, would there be any relevant need for this mod?  More specifically, do today's AMD Radeon cards now address the issue if pixel shading that the older ATI cards did not? 

Well, I do appreciate the 23 views to date---do our moderators ever respond to topics?  Is there anyone with any ideas?   :-)