Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

Does P3D have a persistent location mode?

I was wondering if P3D has a persistent location mode where it automatically starts the next flight where you left off the last.  Just thought this would be kind of a neat form of immersion.  Yes I know it sounds a little lazy :-)

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

When you end a flight, simply save the situation, then restart the next flight using the saved situation file.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I was wondering if P3D has a persistent location mode where it automatically starts the next flight where you left off the last. 

If you use FSUIPC you can select "Previous Flight" as your default flight. That flight is saved automatically when you shut down the sim.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Yep, thats what I do. You can still select any flight by loading directly from the .fxml saved flight file if you want to do something else.

If you use FSUIPC you can select "Previous Flight" as your default flight. That flight is saved automatically when you shut down the sim.

Pete

That is very convenient!

Yeah, thanks Pete.

Christopher Bell.

Nothing really different from what's already posted but a little tip: I have a save game for all planes I fly and I always save the flight after ending it, when everything is cold and dark, using the same filename for every plane: simply click on the existing file and replace it. So the save game for my A2A Comanche 250 is always simply called Comanche 250. This way I don't have to search through a lot of saved flights to see which one was the latest. (BTW I always use the shortcut for saving flights (;) which makes it even easier and quicker).

On my desktop I have shortcuts to those various saved flights (which I never have to change because they always link to the same file) and instead of starting P3D and loading that flight manually (which makes changing settings problematic) I simply start up P3D using the shortcut of the plane I want to fly. So if I want to fly the Comanche from the spot where I left it, I double click on 'Comanche 250' to start P3D. I still have the startup screen activated so I can change the time etc. but my plane always is exactly where I left it.

Sounds a bit complicated maybe lol but it works like a charm. ;)

Thanks guys!

I like the shortcut idea Jeroen

BTW....I just got the A2a Comanche 250 and am really enjoying it

Pete

wow pete all the years i've had your program i never new that....it's my own fault for not reading manuals :smile:

cheers

steve

Thanks guys!

I like the shortcut idea Jeroen

BTW....I just got the A2a Comanche 250 and am really enjoying it

The reason for a persistent location to match a persistent wear model is now understood ! 

Accusim means that your aircraft is how you left it, so return to where you left the previous flight is really useful for the A2A birds.  :p0503:

wow pete all the years i've had your program i never new that.

Actually, in FS9 and before, FS did it.  FSUIPC is merely attempting to make up for an original FS facility that Microsoft seemed to have lost somewhere.

Also, it isn't always as reliable as I'd like it to be. It relies on having enough time to call the normal "save flight" routines AFTER being told by SimConnect to close down!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

IF10 is built from the ground up to provide persistence, not just in the position you left the plane but also every aspect of how the simulation starts up is handled. Also when you leave an aircraft parked you can see it from another plane where you left it.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com