Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Flight Deck Solutions B737NG Video - KRSW / KFLL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Mike,

The link you sent  indicates a private youtube video. Can you make it public? Would love to check it out. Congrats on the new rig.

Cheers,

Brian

It's working now. Watching it as I type. looks great.

Update: that is so immersive just watching it. I would definitely need Dramamine I were sitting in front of it.

How do the flight surface controls feel in comparison to your old set up when flying the PMDG model. Heavier ? Less responsive? And what flight control devices were you using before this.  Be interested to hear.

Hi,

I went from a PFC column yoke and VRAC throttle quad to Flight Deck Solutions and the difference is night and day. I thought going from a plastic yoke/throttle combo to a PFC yoke and VRAC throttle quad was pretty great...and it was. Until I felt the real deal, all I can say is... There is no substitute, the yoke is very heavy and the throttle quad is far superior as well.

Looks great! Keep the great videos and pictures coming.  I love them all!

Fantastic vid! If I may ask, what software is powering your avionics (PFD, ND, FMC, EICAS)? Thinking of building a 737 style home cockpit as well.

Great job Michael. Appears as though your sitting in a real 800. Peter does a fantastic job! Hope your feeling well.

Now it's time to update those graphics. Blurry and stuttering. You using FSX? If so I'd recommend FS9 or X-Plane. Much better fluidity. FS9 graphics may not be as good but now adays they are very close. The problem we have as builders are multi displays. You read these forums and folks are having trouble with one PC let alone 3-7. Additionally the type of flying we do (jets) the scenery all looks the same at attitude anyway.

Been enjoyable watching your build progress and wish you the best of luck and health.

Hi Everyone,

Working on increasing the resolution of my videos, today's flight is that of Southwest 3125 Regan National (KDCA) to St. Louis Missouri (KSTL). It can be found in AVSIM's Video sub-forum or on youtube, just do a search for:  Swannsim

Here is the link: