Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

2016 is looking great, in as far as flightims go :-)

Jose how many sims you are going to use ? I have a feeling you re-purchasing Xplane is very close I am sure of it.

Hehe, I have certainly though about it, specially now that I have, since yesterday, my new GTX 960 4 GB card pumping JUST GREAT!, But I resist messing around with my fresh, clean, stable, super smooth win 10 Pro P3Dv2 install, with ASN and Aerowinx PSX too.

In the queue I have IL2 BoS and DCS World awaiting fresh installs in win 10 Pro, but....

1) I am trying to concentrate on learning the PMDG 777 ( now reading again through that excellent 1.5 tutorial ), and the 744 in PSX

2) I was spending too many hours in front of my PC playing dogfights in IL2 and DCS, and I am viscerally against any War !

3) Well, DCS 1.5 is going to be DX11, and then it'll be a good reason to install it...

But, in as far as XP10 goes, the damage caused by the not plausible World ( My Moon, and daylight were never fixed ) and the problems with the most basic prop effects, overall ground physics in the presence of wind ( completely ridiculous effects ...) have kept me away from that sim until something really indicative of progress in that area is announced for the next patch... Add to it the poor weather modeling, and I would rather stay with P3Dv2.5 and PSX, each for it's own purpose....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

until something really indicative of progress in that area is announced for the next patch.

That never gonna happen with XPX maybe XP11 or 12 etc.......

So you got the 960 nice. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

"Red Bull Air Race – ...will be the first time that the world's fastest motorsport series can be played on a PC

Not an exactly true statement, FSX Acceleration has a number of Red Bull practice and time trial scenarios in it's missions. (Although no competitions themselves.)

Sorry but FSX is pretty unconvincing in this respect. Not only is the stock scenery pretty awful but  there's almost a total dis-connect between the planes and the environment since there is no realistic crash damage modelling or detection. Just this again >>

https://youtu.be/U--sqYjAAmg?t=1m18s

Whoah! That looks totally amazing. Thank you for creating this thread and bringing this to my attention.

Honestly, I'd have no problem flying in a small area like that if the graphics were that great.

"Red Bull Air Race – ...will be the first time that the world's fastest motorsport series can be played on a PC

Sorry but FSX is pretty unconvincing in this respect. Not only is the stock scenery pretty awful but  there's almost a total dis-connect between the planes and the environment since there is no realistic crash damage modelling or detection. Just this again >>

https://youtu.be/U--sqYjAAmg?t=1m18s

I wasn't challenging the quality of the courses, just the statement that they're first to do it. That said, have you tried the Istanbul course in FSX/Accel? That one does look pretty good!! The other 2 courses are kind of plain!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

@ChaoticBeauty:  Me either :-)

As a matter of fact, most of the time that's what I am doing in DCS and IL2. There are a few interesting online race servers for both, and it's really great to play, but if it could be with Red Bull Air Races aircraft and scenery - whow!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Honestly, I'd have no problem flying in a small area like that if the graphics were that great.

Yes not bad at all.  But there didn't appear to be a proper cockpit view with gauges in that video. Hopefully they'll include a fully working cockpit ..otherwise it may have limited appeal for some.

Another issue I have is, once you've grown a bit tired of flying through hundreds of gates etc. in various locations, will the game/sim allow you to free roam over nearby towns, cities and mountains etc?, or will it be like most racing games where an invisible barrier is placed around the racing area, beyond which you cannot escape.  How maddening would that be? ;-)

https://youtu.be/mpAZOyaA1Cs

I wasn't challenging the quality of the courses, just the statement that they're first to do it.

Sure. But since FSX cannot simulate hitting pylons or cars, or even dipping a wing in water, in cant therefore be classed as a simulation of Red Bull air racing.

Hopefully this new sim/game will rectify that and be faithful to actual racing conditions and hazards >>.

Pylons and birds

https://youtu.be/BycHBgQKnQ0?t=49s

Wing dips

https://youtu.be/BycHBgQKnQ0?t=4m15s