Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Free update Milviz Cessna 310

I received an email from PCAviator advising that I have a free update to the Milviz Cessna 310.  This updates to Version 4.150724.

Where do I find the version I have installed now?  I looked on the Milviz forum and there is no notification about this update so just wondering what this is all about.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark, the version number is encoded into the installer's filename. If you still have the installer .exe around, just look at the filename. I can promise you that it isn't this version since I just finished compiling the new installers two days ago! :He He:

There really aren't any earthshattering changes made to the base installer. The three major fixes are:

1. reworked the two altimeters so that the drum displays work properly
  2. reworked the fuel flow gauge so that the needles are properly calibrated
  3. replaced the sound module to the latest build and removed the GaugeSound.dll dependency

In addition to the above, the Flight1 GTN update has added a new variation that allows for a single GTN 750 and a GNS 430 (custom Milviz) to be used. Some folks who don't own the GTN 650 were disappointed to have a 3d GTN 650 that was inoperative in the virtual cockpit.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey Bill,

Two questions...

Re the altimeter... does the second digit from the right really flip from value to value?  It is a bit distracting to have something change abruptly all the time right in front of you..

Secondly... what does the Milviz Sound gauge actually do?  It is quite noisy and seems to generate rattle sounds every few seconds..  I have turned it off in the panel.cfg but wonder what I am missing?

Bert

The noise that you hear is the pump that keeps the doors sealed. It's normal for this aircraft.

The drum should not flip... it should roll smoothly.

We will get to it but not today (or tmrw, or next week)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

The drum should not flip... it should roll smoothly.

We will get to it but not today (or tmrw, or next week)

OK, no rush, but that would be a nice change - thanks!

B)  

Bert

I purchased the 310R here at AVSIM, should I send an email to Milviz requesting the update?

Barry Friedman

Yes,

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

It turns out that the drum is turning correctly.

It does not turn smoothly, it clicks in steps..

Is that the way the real gauge works?

If so,  we are at end of job.. ^_^

Bert

It's how it is supposed to be yes.

Secondly... what does the Milviz Sound gauge actually do?  It is quite noisy and seems to generate rattle sounds every few seconds..  I have turned it off in the panel.cfg but wonder what I am missing?

The Milviz_Sound.gau allows us to program extra sounds into the model that could not be done via the default sound system.

The "noises" you hear are the cumulative sounds of the gyros spinning, the inverters, and so forth. The periodic "shump" sound is the door seal system dumping excess pressure. It was recorded directly from Ken Stalling's real aircraft, so it is quite authentic, and yes it is just that loud!

It also supplies all the other noises one would hear such as switches flipping, selector knobs turning, etc.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Glad there is a final word on that sound.  That "shump" every few seconds drove me nuts when I thought it is a sound loop.  One of my favorite planes overall!

If you do not care for the sound, disable it in the panel.cfg file.

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]

//gauge00=Milviz_Sound!FBGS_XMLSound,  0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\Cessna 310R FSX MilViz\\panel\\C310R_Sounds#22

Bert