Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Free update Milviz Cessna 310

This is why MILVIZ is one of my favorite developers.

Updating models that are years old, and open communication with their customers.

Bravo Zulu MILVIZ!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I keep waiting for the second hand to be added to the clock. :-)

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On the plane we modelled there wasn't one.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Never saw a C310 or BE-55 without a second hand on the clock.  They got to have them to be IFR certified. :-))

We asked. No secondhand.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Didn't have a second hand in the one I flew years ago. Used a stopwatch clipped on the yoke. I'm talking in the 1970's here.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If you do not care for the sound, disable it in the panel.cfg file.

Bert, the only problem there is that disables all custom sound effects.

In the ..\panel\C310R_Sounds folder is a text listing for all the custom sounds, using the masterfully disguised filename: MilViz C310$ Sounds Effects Master List.txt

Amongst that list is this one:

SND18 Door Seal Chuff

Either loading the SND18.wav file in Audacity and lowering the volume, or replacing it with an "empty" .wav file will silence the sound without disabling everything.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Didn't have a second hand in the one I flew years ago. Used a stopwatch clipped on the yoke. I'm talking in the 1970's here.

Vic

I flew U-3s and T-42s and they had clocks with a second hand. I was also partners on a C-310Q and it had a clock with second hand. I never saw a military aircraft that did not have a clock with a second hand. The C-310Q flew a lot of heavy IFR so that may explain why it had a clock with a second hand.

I'm not sure it matters, but it does make for nice conversation. :-))

The exact C310R that was modeled is owned by Ken Stallings (USAF Ret.) and his aircraft's clock had no seconds hand...

...since our model is a faithful reproduction of his, ours' doesn't have a seconds hand either.

Fr. Bill    

If you do a real aircraft, you do a real aircraft warts and all. I did a paint of a Swiss Lancair Legacy that had a Stars 'n' Stripes on the fin. The trouble was he put them on 'properly' with the stars on the left on both sides instead of the prescribed manner. So that's how I did it! I got a few 'nah nah' emails about that. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm using the 310 in P3D after just purchasing dual install upgrade the other week.

My altimeter hundred feet barrel reading isn't operating correctly. It is winding up in line with the 10's of feet but only within the first 100 feet of each 1000 feet. It gets to X9XX feet then sticks at 9 before I climb through the next 1000 feet where it winds up again 0-9 in the first 90 feet of climb before sticking again... Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using the 310 in P3D after just purchasing dual install upgrade the other week.

Where did you buy the C310R? That's the exact problem that prompted me to fix and recompile all of the installers to begin with.

In any event, I suggest that you post your report on the official product support forum where it can be addressed more quickly and securely.

Fr. Bill    

On 17-8-2015 at 4:46 PM, n4gix said:

Where did you buy the C310R? That's the exact problem that prompted me to fix and recompile all of the installers to begin with.

Bill, sorry for going off-topic, but can you say already if the B55 will also get an update?

Yes.  The B-55 will be updated for v4 shortly.  No promises or dates as to when though....

• Upvote 1