Sign in to follow this  
theltalpha

Portugal Terrain by PTSIM

Hallo!

is anyone still using Portugal Terrain for FS 2004 by PTSIm? I used to use it on my old computer. It once was payware, but it was released into freeware some years ago. You had to do free online registration in order to decrypt the files and beeing able to install it. Unfortunatelly this doesn't work any more when I tried to install it on my new computer. I found out that other users also have this problem, but we are unable to reach the author of this scenery. So if you have this scenery currently installed and could help me out by sending me the files please send me a private message.

Thank you

How long since your last attempt to reactivate the scenery? Check again PTSIM, it´s back online.

http://www.ptsim.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=40&Itemid=18

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Try again. PTSIM went down for a few weeks this winter (northern summer), but went back online. That's why I think that can work.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hallo again!

There isn't any problem reaching http://www.ptsim.com. This works perfectly fine. But obviously the activation process software/procedure hasn't been re-implemented. In any case, it is defunct, that's a matter of fact, for at least one year and no success to reach the author so far (I tried it through several channels). Do you have the scenery installed?

Unfortunately nobody else can legally send you the files. It doesn't matter whether things are paid for or free, copyright laws still apply.

Sometimes we have to resign ourselves to the fact that many addons for our treasured but rather ancient game software are gone for good.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hallo theltalpha,

Is there any further news on Portugal Terrain by PTSim please?

I would really like to have this scenery myself, I even tried re-installing XP to get the setup.exe to run, but I still get the run-time error '364' even in XP. The problem seems to be at the Server end.

For those who haven't heard of this scenery, it is landclass, photoscenery, roads, rails and rivers etc. for the whole of Portugal. There are over 20 airfields, airports and landmarks designed especially for it still in the AVSIM library.

If anyone does have this scenery installed, please contact PTSim and let Luis know, this is what he has posted on the PTSim forum:

Re: Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

icon_post_target.gifby Luis Sa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:04 am

Hello,

In order for me to resolve the installation problem of Portugal Terrain, I need to get an old PC where I keep my old files, install FS, and see what has changed in the hosting company that now holds all the PTSim and SBuilder stuff. Due to attacks and spams I had to go to a different company. Than the interaction between the install programme and some scripts that worked on the PTSim got broken. These scripts are essential to decipher the encrypted files that are contained in the ZIP that you can get from this site.

There is an alternative solution to this problem - if someone has a working ( running) copy of Portugal Terrain and could make a ZIP archive with all the files in an plain (not encrypted) form and send it to me, I would place the file available in this site.

If that is not possible, I will make the effort of going back to old stuff and try to sort it out. Maybe it would be fine if someone is available to help me in this job, that is, testing the modifications that I could introduce without me having the necessity to install and run FS!

Thank you very much and my sincere apologies for this matter,

Regards, Luis

I hope this issue is resolved quickly.

Well, patience is a virtue! We understand that Luis is busy with other work and doesn't have time for trouble-shooting an old  freeware project - I just hope someone can provide the scenery to him in an un-encrypted zip file so that this server problem won't happen again.

Some years ago I installed "Portugal Terrain Scenery" freeware in between.

Some years later I installed UT Europe for FS2004.

I realized conflicts with LWMs and shorelines. So I deinstalled "Portugal Terrain", but this way I got some original FS2004 bgls back (not so fine for UT Europe...)

How can I solve the problem?

Reinstall UT Europe and it should "overwrite" your standard FS2004 files and restore the UT Europe shorelines.  It shouldn't take too long to get you back with nice "shapes".

thanks, it worked.

(mostly, because some other sceneries had their own LWMs, like LPFR Faro. In these sceneries I can resolve the problem by disabling bgl by bgl.)

Hey Guys,

Portugal Terrain is finally available again! The original author of the scenery re-uploaded the package with an installer that completely bypasses the code/registration thing that prevented people from installing the scenery in recent years.

Just go to http://ptsim.com/ > downloads and the scenery is available there with this new installer ;)

Leonardo