Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Releases you're looking forward to?

While on a longer section of flight last night (in my new and absolutely sublime DHC-2), I started thinking about other things, and decided to let Otto fly the plane for a bit while I browsed through Avsim on my tablet.  It only ever takes a minute to do so, because I pretty much quit browsing the FSX sub-forum even when I was still flying it 100% of the time...

But I thought to myself that there aren't enough posts to keep on top of in the XP forum!

As such, here's a new one. ^_^

I'm relatively new to the XP scene, and am still finding out about things that are in-progress by various developers.  Already, there's a few that I'm eagerly anticipating:

- The Viper Jet by Aerobask.  The latest screenshots are just so nice.  I love their other products, and the refinement visible in this one leaves me wanting it now! A personal sport jet complete with a 530? Awesome! I can't wait to fly the heck out of this one.  Looks like a work of art, the equivalent of a very expensive sports car.

- The S300CBi by DreamFoil.   Those WIP shots on their FB page? So great... The R22 and the 407 were my first XP payware, and that R22 has redefined what I expect from a simulated helicopter.  Don't get me wrong, I adore the 407 as well, but the R22 is my current favorite.  I'm hoping the S300CBi is as good or better!

What about you all, anything you're looking forward to?  Anything you're looking forward to enough to check progress on daily?? :P

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

IXEG 733

FS GLOBAL REAL WEATHER and future improvements for weather in Xplane (Hope that it'll intercat better with SkyMaxxPro at the later will finally show some distance weather and accurate clouds placements)

SWIFT vatsim client

Flight Factor 767 ( their 757 is close to what Im looking for in boeing airliners , I highly believe the 767 will be the step-up in some terms)

PMDG's first Xplane boeing airliner (777/NGX/747V2)

and a few more sceneries ( for EL AL routes mainly)

This list will be completed , I belive in a year from now.

What mtaxp said, plus the:

Rotate MD-80

PMDG DC-6

Icarus DC-9

Mr. X's next sceneries

Ddenn Global 6000

Active Sky Next (If they are still doing something for XP)

FJS 732 update and next aircraft

Carenado SR22, TBM850, C404

Dan Klaue's Kodiak and ERJ update

SSG CRJ and Ejet updates

Oh, and XP11

Their are probably some I'm missing, but I think my list is long enough.

I had forgotten about the PMDG DC-6.  Really looking forward to that one too.  The complexity of managing 4 engines is a mite worrisome, but the trade off in not having to deal with complex avionics (I've found I get bored very quickly of managing a FMC) is probably worth it.

Dan Klaue's Kodiak and ERJ update

Is there a preview of the Kodiak somewhere?  That sounds pretty interesting as well!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

What about you all, anything you're looking forward to?  Anything you're looking forward to enough to check progress on daily?? :P

There's only one developer whose releases I'm looking for, and it's Laminar Research.

In no particular order:

- Visual representation of seasons

- Improved weather engine

- Extended capabilities of default AI traffic

- Improvements in flight model (propeller slipstream etc.)

Hoping I'll see at least 50% of them by X-Plane 11.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Milviz Beaver

I'm sure you thought this was a FSX/P3D thread, but it's ironic that you list the Milviz Beaver, since it's original incarnation (inside X-Plane) is what I was flying when I thought to start this thread!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm with Murmur above... mostly just looking for core improvements from Laminar. Especially the weather engine, and hopefully a complete re-write to get rid of the horizontal layers. If 3rd party add-ons can do anything to help, I'll buy those too. I'm just skeptical that much can be done until Laminar re-writes the weather model from scratch.

As far as planes go, I'm a bush plane and helicopter sim pilot, and there isn't anything exciting in the pipeline (unless I've missed something). We've had some gaps filled recently with up-to-date versions of the Twin Otter and DHC-2, but we could really use an update of the existing DHC-3 Otter and Beech 18 too. Especially the latter... one of my absolute favorite planes. But I don't think anyone is working on those. Most of what's in the pipeline are new modern airliner or bizjet projects, which is understandable because that's where the money is for developers. But I'm just not interested in any of that.

So a new weather engine is the #1 thing I want to see on the horizon. Meanwhile I'm happy flying what we have now!

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Meanwhile I'm happy flying what we have now!

Very much so here as well!  However, I enjoy the anticipation of new toys to play with, it's almost half the fun. :lol:  Hence my thread, just wanted to see if there's upcoming stuff that others are excited about.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Along with many of the already mentioned....

Fabrice Kauffmann' F-14 TomCat

http://fk-xp.blogspot.com

28l3xnq.jpg

swftxv.jpg

GuadalCanal Scenery by Khamsin for his "Pacific Island" series

http://blog.khamsin.org/category/Pacific-islands

wi4le0.jpg

LES New Cessna Citation Jet

Whatever Beti-X comes out with next.

http://beti-x.com/CZSTstewart.html

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif