Sign in to follow this  
airernie

AI Aircraft Issue

I am using a number of AI GA aircraft in UT2.  One is the HTAI Cessna series, another is the Finnish GA AI series,

The issue that I'm having with the Finnish aircraft is that the default view of the aircraft occupies most of the screen. 

This occurs both with the FSX View Aircraft mode and SuperTraffic Board.

I've tried using the "-" key to change the zoom, but does't reduce it enough.   I've also tried the "fix" version of the AI file, but that does nothing.

I didn't see a camera section the aircraft.cfg file, so I'm wondering is if there is a way to fix the Finnish AI aircraft to get them to display like the HTAI and other AI aircraft.

Thanks,

Ernie

Example of Finnish AI:

Example of HTAI AI:

Sorry for the links, but I'm sure how to include a photo in a message without getting the no image links message yet.

Ernest Pergrem

Controlled by the visual model radius value... which is part of the .mdl and not part of the panel or aircraft.cfg.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

There is a program designed just for this purpose- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/raditor.120/

regards,

Joe

Thanks for the link.  I downloaded the program, but received a "The MDL was not of the expected format" with the Finnish, HTAI and DWAI models I tested. 

It did work with the MS FSX default models so perhaps the formats are different?

However,  both of the answers put me far ahead of where I was when I started.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Oops, yeah it is an FSX tool.

An indispensable tool for AI is the AI Aircraft Editor- http://www.owlsnest.eu/tools.php

It can adjust FS9 models, might even be able to adjust FSX models to, can't remember.

regards,

Joe

Added --> note that changing the model radius in FS9 models will also affect parking, so use with caution.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

It can adjust FS9 models, might even be able to adjust FSX models to, can't remember.

Yep.. According to the features overview it can do just that.  Thanks the warning on parking also. 

I'll start slow and see how it goes. :-)

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ah well, it was a valiant attempt. 

I modified the radius as well as the wing span, in both the .mdl and .cfg files, with no changes in the view.

It must be something with the models, so out they go. 

Thank you Joe and Ed for you responses.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem