Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport 2015

Have just bought and got only a first impression.

- looks well

- fits well into Warsaw City 2015 scenery

- fps decrease remarkably when looking at the terminal with interior, but far away from the fps problems of UUEE. Will test the option without interior later.

Obviously not bad...

EDIT: Installing the scenery without terminal interior brought only a minor fps improvement around 1 fps

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Edward !

I will certainly dive in as well as Warsaw city 2015. Nice to see such a quality in FS9, did someone already test it?  :rolleyes:

By the way never had the opportunity before as I am not often here but let me congratulate you for your amazing work on panels, I watched your videos during hours and hours, and often I wish I had your skills on panel creation !  :Applause:

EDIT : Thanks for your feedback Harald ! So fps with Warsaw city 2015 are even better than UUEE? Then let's dive in ! B)  

Maxime
TOGA projects

Maxime, so it is. While at UUEE at my system sometimes fps moved into the low teens, my lowest fps at EPWA were around 19-20, but only if looking at the terminal and Warsaw downtown in one axe (and this should be not typical when landing or departing). When panning around, fps are in high 20ies or reach the 30 limitation. I use the version without terminal interior now because I just don't need it.

Thanks Ed for requesting AES support. I wonder if we will get it still in 2015?

EDIT: It seems that the afcad could need slight correction. I spotted an An-124 pushing back at Gate 10? I'm satisfied with the scenery though.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Who is going to dive in?

Can't wait to see one of your LTU L-1011's blasting off from Chopin Ed!

Chris Sunseri

I will buy it soon (maybe next week). Framerates sounds like they are pretty good.

I don't understand why he/they added the people and all the details on the inside the terminal. I have been flight simming for years and I never had the need or even wanted to go inside a terminal and look around.

By the way never had the opportunity before as I am not often here but let me congratulate you for your amazing work on panels, I watched your videos during hours and hours, and often I wish I had your skills on panel creation !

Thank you very much Maxine!  :smile:

While at UUEE at my system sometimes fps moved into the low teens, my lowest fps at EPWA were around 19-20, but only if looking at the terminal and Warsaw downtown in one axe (and this should be not typical when landing or departing). When panning around, fps are in high 20ies or reach the 30 limitation. I use the version without terminal interior now because I just don't need it.

I knew you would be the first Harald.  Thank you for diving in.... glad to hear the water is not too cold.  :BigGrin:

Thanks Ed for requesting AES support. I wonder if we will get it still in 2015?

Well I put the request in as soon as poss so as to give us a chance. :wink:

Can't wait to see one of your LTU L-1011's blasting off from Chopin Ed!

Two liveries I really need to make for the L-1011..... LTU and Royal Jordanian. :Love:

Hi guys,

I finally bought it and I must say that it is a very nice scenery with an amazing work on details, much probably one of the best quality I have ever seen on FS9. Runway and taxiways textures could have been even better but are already good enough. The terminal interior is pretty nice, even if I usually don't care about such details it's always welcome when fps remains at least in the 20ies.

As for performances, with my PC specs it runs very well and fps never drop below 30 (locked at 30) with the iFly 747v2, several cloud layers, ENBseries+Sweetfx.

I still need to see the impact of Warsaw city when I'll buy it too but globally performances looks pretty good compared to UUEE.

I will try to post a few screenshots later.

Maxime
TOGA projects

Joseph, as long as there is no loss of performance, I take terminal interiors as a kind of style. My elder son (6) recently got interest in simming; but after a flight lesson he loves to go into the terminal. So far, so good. I only have a problem if the obsession for interiors costs fps... and here I can choose a version without interior. Life is good (again).

Ed, I'll buy every scenery for FS9.X that looks good and is located east from me.

Now I wait for cooler weather to start an Interflug flight to Warsaw. (Not that Interflug stopped flights at high temperatures, but sitting at the PC in a hot room is not that joy.)

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Be nice to see the screenshots!

I have EPWA 2010 I see, and also something I've called EPWA Ursynow - wonder what that would involve, haven't been there for some time...

something I've called EPWA Ursynow - wonder what that would involve

Ursynow is a district of Warsaw, just SE of EPWA.

The addon contains mostly big gropus of blocks of flats, visible on approach to RWY 33.

Ok I swallow dived. :lol:

First impressions are good. :huh:

The files EPWA1129 and EPWA1533 look suspicious ...are they landclass files?

The EPWA scenery has no approaches written so is using the default.

It would seem crosswind runways are necessary ......

Preferential runways[edit]

The following preferential runway system has been established for the airport:[12]

Arrivals[edit]
  1. Runway 33
  2. Runway 11
  3. Runway 15
  4. Runway 29
Departures[edit]
  1. Runway 29
  2. Runway 15
  3. Runway 33
  4. Runway 11

Between 20:00 and 04:00 hours (in winter: 21:00 and 05:00), Runway 15/33 is used, weather and technical considerations permitting

My latest stubby departing Rwy29

fsscr156_zpshtfl0dvu.jpg

the best quality I have ever seen on FS9

In combination with your iFly 747-400 V2 Maxime, 'the best of the best' for FS9?

a district of Warsaw

How nice it is that our friend Rafal revisits our forum.  :smile:

Thanks for all the feedback guys.  Been waiting for Warsaw seemingly for ages.  Unfortunately the wallet is empty this month.  :mad:  Tell me lads do you too get 'bills?'  :Devil:

Busy getting EPWA ready for my next video flight HKJK-EPWA. Both runways now active at the same time...relevant STAR written. :Nerd: 

Do I need the city scenery though? :Cuppa: 

fsscr161_zpsbyvertim.jpg