Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport 2015

Ursynow is a district of Warsaw, just SE of EPWA.

The addon contains mostly big gropus of blocks of flats, visible on approach to RWY 33.

Right thank you, I'll have to see whether they need keeping in the new scenery! 

Do I need the city scenery though?

Absolutely. You need the skyline to backdrop your spectacular video on take-off!

ZXF3gL.jpg

Although having said that, I seem to have a distinct lack of autogen in the middle distance!

axM7wI.jpg

Perhaps I have some legacy stuff interfering... 

Still, I notice I got a very large discount on buying the city scenery - I must have had an earlier version I'd forgotten about. (I thought it was freeware?)

Both runways now active at the same time...relevant STAR written. :Nerd:

How did You make it works?

Regards

Grzegorz

Although having said that, I seem to have a distinct lack of autogen in the middle distance!

... and no sooner said, than a notification arrives that there is v1.6 released:

New in v1.6:
- autogen fixes for better compatibility with EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport 2015
- night ground textures updated with new roads

Lovely... I think it's almost 1 GB of download, again. The interwebby thing in this neck of the woods is in the midst of a cyberwar and this will take many hours.

How did You make it works?

Regards

Grzegorz

My aim is to make two afcads for EPWA. One for winds from the north..... Rwy 29 for takeoff and Rwy 33 for landing. And another for winds from the south...Rwy 15 for takeoff and Rwy 11 for landing.

Both Afcads will included all up-to-date waypoints for all sids and stars for the relevant runways and will include the transitions for those who like to use FS ATC like me.

I activated both runways using ADE.

fsscr158_zps8sob1lhr.jpg

Here I am testing the Rwy 33 LIMVI 4U arrival (ERLEG transition) with the Warsaw scenery. The approach worked perfectly but I'm not convinced that I would make the whole trip from Nairobi without a CTD.

I was also a bit miffed that it was more expensive than my EPWA scenery....but hey ho ....

fsscr171_zps3mlyyfaw.jpg

fsscr174_zpsxwutphdl.jpg

fsscr177_zps4b0x72f5.jpg

fsscr178_zps1ne41phg.jpg

fsscr180_zpssvpqbjuk.jpg

My aim is to make two afcads for EPWA. One for winds from the north..... Rwy 29 for takeoff and Rwy 33 for landing. And another for winds from the south...Rwy 15 for takeoff and Rwy 11 for landing.

Both Afcads will included all up-to-date waypoints for all sids and stars for the relevant runways and will include the transitions for those who like to use FS ATC like me.

I activated both runways using ADE.

fsscr158_zps8sob1lhr.jpg

Thank You Sir!

This file contains two crosswind afcads for EPWA. One for winds from the north..... Rwy 29 for takeoff and Rwy 33 for landing. And another for winds from the south...Rwy 15 for takeoff and Rwy 11 for landing.

Both Afcads include all up-to-date waypoints for all sids and stars for the relevant runways andl include the transitions for those who like to use FS ATC like me.

Note I have not changed any parking positions, sizes or codes. back up your original afcad please. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8czh868vccar7w/EPWA_afcads.zip

Much obliged Ed.  AFCADS still remain a mystery to me even after the passing of 12 years!

Thanks for those, Ed.

I am having texture loading issues with this scenery, may be unrelated.

Anyone else having problems?

I have just finished my flight from Nairobi (HKJK) to Warsaw (EPWA) in my 742F successfully...... and I was running Fraps and FS recorder at the same time.

The fps only struggled when recording the landing with fraps from an external view which had the terminal and the city in the frame. (and remember I am running an age old PC win-xp setup)

So a big thumbs up for EPWA from me.....video of the flight to come.  :smile:  

This file contains two crosswind afcads for EPWA. One for winds from the north..... Rwy 29 for takeoff and Rwy 33 for landing. And another for winds from the south...Rwy 15 for takeoff and Rwy 11 for landing.

Both Afcads include all up-to-date waypoints for all sids and stars for the relevant runways andl include the transitions for those who like to use FS ATC like me.

Note I have not changed any parking positions, sizes or codes. back up your original afcad please. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8czh868vccar7w/EPWA_afcads.zip

Thank You for this!

I have one questione, can put both AFCAD in scenery folder or only one - south or north - depends on wind direction?

have one questione, can put both AFCAD in scenery folder or only one - south or north - depends on wind direction?

You can only have one active at one time. You will notice that the AF2_EPWAsouth.BGL.ori ends in .ori  This means the file is not active.

So you can put both files in the EPWA scenery folder. To activate the south afcad rename it by removing the .ori and add .ori to the north afcad.

What I do is check my winds at EPWA (I use ASE for real weather) before my flight then I know which afcad I need.