Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport 2015

I loaded the c170 and set up as you said you had Harald - Rwy33 on May 4th. at 23.33. I slewed the a/c so I was close to the terminals, with city view and slewed around every few minutes. I did that for about 25 minutes, changing views from cockpit to spot - all was fine.

Have you tried doing the same but with all the other scenery apart from FS9 default and the EPWA and Warsaw city removed from the scenery.cfg file? I'd try that if you haven't. I have in the past had CTDs at airports and have had to remove sceneries batch by batch from the scenery.cfg file (I have almsot 1500 entries, so it takes some time) until I find the scenery, and then the bgl file, that is causing the crash. Sometimes the culprit has been a bgl relating to a scenery on the other side of the world, no logic at all: very odd...

The main annoyance is waiting for the crash to happen and then reloading FS9 each time. I strongly recommend, a propos of the latter, creating an fs9/aircraft folder just for testing, containing a copy of the default c170 and nothing more, temporarily renaming the full folder aircraftXXX or whatever. It cuts the FS9 load time down to seconds instead of minutes (on my setup, with so many addon a/c, at least).

If you don't get the CTD any longer with only EPWA, Warsaw City and default scenery loaded, then an addon is at fault. However, it could also also be due to a default bgl file in the FS9/scenery folder - the way bgl files, fine individually, react together to cause problems is so complex in its computations as to be unfathomable - so if you still get the crash, disable Name/Asia/Eure/Eurw etc. etc. in the scenery.cfg file as well. If you still get a crash, remove bgl files from the EPWA scenery folder in batches... it's time consuming though, needless to say. I find that although I end up thinking, 'I can't be bothered, I hardly ever fly to that aiport anyway, I'll just leave it' (not something we'd want to do with EPWA though of course), the curiosity and challange to find out the root cause soon brings me searching anyway..

Viel Spaß..

Hi Martin,

many thanks, much Spaß here!

Finally, I set all entries in scenery.cfg to ACTIVE=FALSE except the FS9 stock entries and EPWA as well as Warsaw city. Furthermore, I deactivated all AI traffic. The crash came after less than five minutes. Can't decide yet if I search on for the faulty file or leave it as it is because I mostly fly at daytime...

All the best!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Did you try deactivating Scenery/Eure too?

Oddly, I have sometimes found that just putting "Active=False" in the scenery.cfg file doesn't work - for testing I always delete all the entries (with a backup of the original, needless to say!!). Much quicker to do that as well.

FS is usually fine with that, but occasionally it doesn't like the fact that the paragraphs are no longer numerically sequential and won't run. If you don't have it I highly recommend 'Scenery Align', which adjusts all the scenery.cfg entries so they show the correct sequential number (without re-arranging them, of course) at a mouse click - plus other 'cool' stuff too. I never add new scenery via FS9, only via the scenery.cfg and Scenery Align. In any case, FS9 stopped seeing new entries years ago, I must have reached the limit that it can see via the FS9 library interface (they still show up no problem in the sim).

Hi,

yes, I deactivated scenery\EURE, too, in a second test. FS9 crashed after five minutes.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Did you try different seasons?

Just an idea....

Did you run FSTextureChecker and scan the log.txt for "crash"?

Honestly spoken: no, I haven't -

although it would explain why I landed without problems in winter while the sim crashes in spring.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

hgschnell, you were right: Crashes occur in spring, summer and fall - no crashes in winter.

I have left the info at DD's forum.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I will have to try and see if any crashes happen with this scenery installed on my computer again. I never tried different seasons, I only have been trying in the winter (and I have had no crashes)

I just tried it again and after about 6 minutes in spring my sim did crash. I did not have any crashes before because I was only looking for crashes in winter.

Luckily I don't fly that much at night (I do fly at dusk and dawn thought).

these errors happened before as far as I remember.

there are different spring begins in some sceneries and conflicting texures in these regions(?)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/271303-fs2004-crash-to-desktop-with-no-error/#entry1693139

searching with g. for "FS9 crash season" brings some more infos...

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/13300-random-fs9-crash-still-happening-after-formatre/#entry77492

and another good one:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-can-i-find-out-which-textures-are-used-by-landclass-bgl-file.14687/#post-93839

these errors happened before as far as I remember.

there are different spring begins in some sceneries and conflicting texures in these regions(?)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/271303-fs2004-crash-to-desktop-with-no-error/#entry1693139

searching with g. for "FS9 crash season" brings some more infos...

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/13300-random-fs9-crash-still-happening-after-formatre/#entry77492

and another good one:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-can-i-find-out-which-textures-are-used-by-landclass-bgl-file.14687/#post-93839

Very interesting hgschnell. I cannot find a download for FSTextureChecker, could you help me please?