Sign in to follow this  
747VirPilot

Is this normal customer support?

Have opened 4 tickets over some 3 weeks to find out why my order history is missing on my PMDG account.  NOT ONE REPLY.  A day or two or three, ok, a week? not good, 3 weeks? Unacceptable. Plus I've found no address or phone number for your company.  Am not putting my email address here but respond to this post or leave me a PM as to how I can reach you since you are not answering support tickets.

Have opened 4 tickets over some 3 weeks to find out why my order history is missing on my PMDG account.  NOT ONE REPLY.  A day or two or three, ok, a week? not good, 3 weeks? Unacceptable. Plus I've found no address or phone number for your company.  Am not putting my email address here but respond to this post or leave me a PM as to how I can reach you since you are not answering support tickets.

No, that is not normal. We usually clear the support queue at least once a day through answering all of the tickets. As Oliver mentioned, it would have been immensely helpful if you had placed your name in your post so that we could make a connection between the forum here and your tickets.

To be clear, you're entering these tickets via Support.Precisionmanuals.com, correct? Do you have ticket numbers?

Kyle Rodgers

Name: George Halvorsen

[Account info removed]

NO ticket # is given when ticket is submitted. It just says, we'll get back to you.

Name: George Halvorsen

[Account info removed]

NO ticket # is given when ticket is submitted. It just says, we'll get back to you.

George,

I'll look into the missing orders thing right now, but while I do that, confirm if you've been trying to contact us at:

1. https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/contact.asp ; or
  2. http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

The first one is not the support site. That's a generic contact form that the developer of our product cart system made. As noted from the main site, support is via the second one. Since you haven't been getting tickets, I'm guessing you've been using the first option.

Either way, I'm off to look into it.

EDIT:

George,

Looks like your name is associated with two accounts with us (two different email addresses). I sent you an email from a new opened ticket with both email addresses on it. Just respond to that email with whatever email address you want us to merge it into and we'll take care of it.

Kyle Rodgers

Have responded to your email with the email account for merging all accounts into a single email.

So where does that leave me?  Think I understand the larger problem now but am perplexed by the design.  When I first tried contacting you the product site did not recognize me.  So I (re)registered on your commercial site (as opposed to the support site) and suddenly it knew who I was? Interesting.  So I tried to logon to the support site following the link on the account menu page. The support site didn't recognize me so I tried to register there on the support site when it reported that my email was already in the system.  Sooo I tried to contact you using the link:

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/contact.asp

I was in a catch-22.  I was recognized by the product site but only recognized in passing in the support site. The support site knew my email.  At that point it wasn't a matter of not remembering my support site password, I didn't know or remember the support site userid.  Clear as mud huh?

Having been a former customer service rep for a computer company, I know what it is to deal with idiots like me.  What is perplexing is the necessity for two logons ergo two 'sites' to transact business.  Many businesses have one place to enter a ticket with a drop-down menu where you specifiy what the problem is and your system sends the ticket to the right place.  Or at a minimum, add an option on the support site to get a forgotten userid in addition to a forgotten password.  Your support system blocks an attempt to login if the userid is incorrect, it further blocks if you try to register a new userid IF the email address is already known.  I know this is long winded but I'm an idiot, I have to accept that and am probably the only one to have this problem.  So thanks very much in advance for your help.  Please consider my "problem" in your system design.  Certainly one site signon, to me, is preferable to two. No doubt you have business considerations at play here.  Am wondering if anyone did see my communication on your product site?

So I still do need someway to get into the support site.  If you could forward my support site userid to my email, I can use the forgotten password facility to actually be able to log into the support site and see my ticket.

Again thanks!  Idiots always make your day and as one probably made yours. For that I apologize. I do appreciate your swift response once we made contact.  I am a huge fan of your products and hopefully over the next week will make some additional purchases.

Support and product accounts are separate.

They are separate because not all customers purchase direct from PMDG, and probably a variety of other technical issues as well.

Thanks for sharing your unique viewpoint on PMDG support.... it's pretty rare that I get to see a complaint of this nature.  On the other hand, I cannot use gmail because when I go to create an account it says my username already exists but when I ask for a password reset for my username suddenly the username cannot be found.  It's pretty funny but only because I'd never use gmail.

Dan Downs KCRP

Besides my gumming up the works with multiple logons (it happens when you've lived in 2 countries and 2 states over the last 3 years) this might have been avoided if the "Contact Us" on your product site were monitored.  All of this would have been unnecessary.  Anyway, thanks for the help.

Besides my gumming up the works with multiple logons (it happens when you've lived in 2 countries and 2 states over the last 3 years) this might have been avoided if the "Contact Us" on your product site were monitored. All of this would have been unnecessary. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Probably better removed entirely. Otherwise, like anything else (to include my PMs), people would use it to report issues/trouble, which would just be a disaster. Unfortunately the vendors who wrote the store system add that in there by default.

Kyle Rodgers

That would be fine but how does one contact your business?  I googled PMDG and could not find a stated address.  On my various receipts I saw Alexandria, VA and Sparks, NV., so if one really wants to correspond with your company, how do they do so?  99% of businesses at least give an address in the Contact Us.  Don't need to take information as in a contact ticket, just give a business address, an email address and it would be nice but doubt you have the staff to include a phone number.  Seems that's just how it is universally done in this day and age. A trivial web program change. Was looking at Level-D (leveldsim.com).  The only thing on their web site is a place to click 'About Level-D'.  Click it and nothing happens.  And so it goes.

Finis

That would be fine but how does one contact your business?

Support.Precisionmanuals.com

There's no real reason for the rest, honestly. This tracks correspondence and correspondence history. Email doesn't. Phone calls wouldn't either (and distributing globally would mean that some customers would have a very hard time getting a hold of us). Snail mail? No reason for that either.

Kyle Rodgers

Honestly, are you serious? Personally I've not heard of more than a handful of businesses that want to shy from public contact. Let's just take a hack against this site? THAT could never happen. More than one business has been put out of business with data loss. Data is your biggest asset. I just don't know of any business that puts ALL their faith in one mode of communication. You must have vendors that communicate with you or inquiries from those that want your service or product. Or you might have more were it easy and straight forward. Phone calls and as you say 'snail' mail are still very viable means of business contact. You are of the mind that you are the only business that distributes globally and would have to deal with that fact? I think if you are serious about global engagement you make arrangements operationally to do so. The world IS used to odd hours in order to work with global customers. As is oft said, 'tis a free country, do as you please. I put 'Finis' at the end of my last response, Latin for finished which I pray we are.

Honestly, are you serious? Personally I've not heard of more than a handful of businesses that want to shy from public contact. Let's just take a hack against this site? THAT could never happen. More than one business has been put out of business with data loss. Data is your biggest asset. I just don't know of any business that puts ALL their faith in one mode of communication. You must have vendors that communicate with you or inquiries from those that want your service or product. Or you might have more were it easy and straight forward. Phone calls and as you say 'snail' mail are still very viable means of business contact. You are of the mind that you are the only business that distributes globally and would have to deal with that fact? I think if you are serious about global engagement you make arrangements operationally to do so. The world IS used to odd hours in order to work with global customers. As is oft said, 'tis a free country, do as you please. I put 'Finis' at the end of my last response, Latin for finished which I pray we are.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh come on Kyle, give the man RSR's cellphone number. Everybody is doing that now, at least in politics hahaha.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dear Mr Finis,

I read your posts with interest as I run a business that relies on support tickets too, and see both sides of the hassle.

What you are missing however is the commercial knock-on from people needing to answer phones. If you *really* want this "feature" then PMDG have 3 choices:

1. Do sod all (this is probably the most likely)

2. Put up the cost of the planes, and/or charge a recurring support fee

3. Slow development down, and get distracted with phonecalls - many of which will be from brain donors (I'm not implying yours is of course).

Hope this helps explain why some business cannot sustain phone support. It would just be a waste.