Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

LatinVFR Key West v2 FSX/P3D released

Did I miss the announcement?  I had the old one and this one looks quite a bit nicer.  Here's a shot from 2000' looking west.  The photoreal covers more islands going north...not sure how far.

qPuaPFO.jpg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Looks like the photoreal only covers the next island up the chain.  Still...it's very nice.  Much better than the old one and free if you bought 1.0.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Very cool!   Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit:  I already had version 2.0 and the updates installed.  It was from 2013!  B)

Alexander Alonso

Dear lord!  I was just on Simmarket and it was on the front page.  Still,...not complaining.  Something weird going on with the runway.  It's like the runway moves or is translucent. 

Gregg Seipp

Thanks for the heads up Frank. I had the original version and ended up having to tweak it so much to get good performance and even then was not impressed with it so I ended up uninstalling it. I noticed that they hadn't done a very good job with the water masks at the edges of the photoreal in the water and you could see too many square edges.

I may log into my account and download the new version and see how it looks now. They've improved a lot of their newer sceneries since they began developing.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So it is new. This is was posted on the LatinVFR Forum yesterday...full post here.

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?5716-LatinVFR-releases-Key-West-In-tl-Airport-V2-KEYW-for-FSX-P3d&highlight=keyw

---------------

We are pleased to announce after 4 years of having released V1, our new and upgraded V2 of Key West Int'l Airport.

Among the new features, updated

• Complete new photo scenery for the islands
  • New ground polygons with new textures
  • Re-modeled and re-textured main terminal and surroundings
  • New custom animations (vehicles, etc)
  • New lighting for runway and light beams
  • New static aircraft
  • New P3dv2 version
  • Scenery configuration tool
In all we have re-done from scratch almost 85% of the scenery, here is the full list of the features:

• KEYW (EYW) Key West Int'l airport completely modeled with significant attention to detail.
  • Texturing in HD mapping for all buildings, shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all buildings.
  • Custom reflection maps and customized global environment map (FSX)
  • Surroundings extremely detailed.
  • 150 square miles of photo scenery with thousands of hand placed autogen, extending from Boca Chica Key to the Marquesas.
  • High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures.
  • Landmarks, island buildings.
  • Scenery configurator tool
  • Custom vehicle animations.
  • Static aircraft.
  • Fully AI traffic compatible.
  • Optimized for excellent performance.
  • Excellent night effects.
  • Inclusion of manual in PDF format.
  • FSX, Prepar3Dv2 support.
  • Much more!

Gregg Seipp

It still suffers from some odd night textures, I sometimes see areas flash to an orange color as I overfly them, but otherwise it is nice and a massive improvement over the stock Key West area.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It still suffers from some odd night textures, I sometimes see areas flash to an orange color as I overfly them, but otherwise it is nice and a massive improvement over the stock Key West area.

My experience with older LatinVFR sceneries was an issue with shimmering ground textures when running FSX in D9 mode.

They look much better in dx10 mode, but you need Steve's fixer. Their newer titles do not suffer from shimmering ground textures at night.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I noticed that they hadn't done a very good job with the water masks at the edges of the photoreal in the water and you could see too many square edges.

I may log into my account and download the new version and see how it looks now. They've improved a lot of their newer sceneries since they began developing.

They've improved a good bit sure, but regarding your first point, they're one of my "serial photoscenery offenders." This is coming from someone that's bought a lot of their [newer] stuff but, while I generally dislike the use of photoscenery, they've never bothered trying to blend it with the surrounding area, whether default or using FTX. Not sure why, this has just always bothered me. While I think KRSW is great in virtually every way, the photoscenery they used their just really gets me...

I suspect, though, that much of this is mitigated in the case of an island scenery. I have Roatan and sure, the island looks different than a lot of the surrounding landmasses but at least it isn't so jarring...

Looks like the photoreal only covers the next island up the chain.  Still...it's very nice.  Much better than the old one and free if you bought 1.0.

Free?

Only if you purchased v.1 this year.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Can someone convince me it's performance is MUCH superior to the old version?  If so, I'll buy it, otherwise I'm thinking Orbx may do this one day.  

Can someone convince me it's performance is MUCH superior to the old version? If so, I'll buy it, otherwise I'm thinking Orbx may do this one day.

I was getting 30s/40s in P3D with the Bonanza.  My rigs in my profile.

Gregg Seipp

I was getting 30s/40s in P3D with the Bonanza.  My rigs in my profile.

Thanks for the reply, Gregg.  Your system is much better than mine, but I plan on upgrading soon.  

Hello folks,

Thanks for the support.

Regarding performance, despite we adding more new features, we have optimized the scenery a lot. So no performance issues for anyone. When we did v1 we had a lot of FS8, FS9 code in there. We have made most of the things from scratch, and re-compiled the scenery so that it can work great on P3dv2.2. So no issues there.

hopoe you enjoy the sun at the conch Republic!

Hello folks,

Thanks for the support.

Regarding performance, despite we adding more new features, we have optimized the scenery a lot. So no performance issues for anyone. When we did v1 we had a lot of FS8, FS9 code in there. We have made most of the things from scratch, and re-compiled the scenery so that it can work great on P3dv2.2. So no issues there.

hopoe you enjoy the sun at the conch Republic!

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the update!  One thing, in FSX, it looks like the runway is moving or it's got a translucent layer on it that moves.  Doesn't happen in P3D.

Gregg Seipp