Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

LatinVFR Key West v2 FSX/P3D released

I think I purchased v1 way back in 2011.  Haven't installed in years.  Really like the upgrade in P3D.  Saw no performance issues off the bat sitting on the tarmac or making a quick spin.  Definitely worth the $9 upgrade price.  I think it some of their best work yet and I have their San Diego and Orange County airports. 

A few minor "niggles"... a square water texture right next to the airport (surprised they did not catch that), but the other surrounding water bodies are really nice and tropical.  Luv the colors and the coral!  Also, some of the autogen is mis-aligned a tad here and there.  But again, nothing big.  The night lighting could use a little touch-up but not a deal killer at all.   Overall... really good job guys!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Gregg,

Quite odd, if its flickering, then there is a conflict with another AFX, did you remove the old version entirely?

send me an email to support(at)latinvfr.com with the images of what you mention.

Clutch, yes got the square we will fix it soon for the next update.

thanks

My mistake.  It was KMIA that was V2.  That one was from a couple of years ago.  

Alexander Alonso

Quite odd, if its flickering, then there is a conflict with another AFX, did you remove the old version entirely?

I didn't.  I'll give that a try. 

That fixed it.  I assumed it overwrote the old one.  It's fixed now. 

Clutch, yes got the square we will fix it soon for the next update.

If you're in there tweaking, you might want to take a look at the green roofs (terminal building and appartments...flickering above 1000'.  Everything else is rock solid.  Really nicely done.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Very nice update.  Everything just looks more polished.   I no longer get the flickering as well.  Also, framerates appeared higher for me. 

I'm running Steves DX10 Fixer and everything looks great. 

I did notice that they removed the sound effects, such as the airplane flying overhead and city noises, if not mistaken.

Also noticed considerably less boats and wakes in the photo-gen waters.  That looks much nicer.

I flew all the way over to the Marquesas and loved the water in the area.  I was hoping that they had continued westward and added the Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson but unfortunately they didn't extend that far West.  Hopefully in an update??  ;)

Any chance KMIA gets a similar update in the near future??

Alexander Alonso

*deleted*.  Wrong thread.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Very nice update.  Everything just looks more polished.   I no longer get the flickering as well.  Also, framerates appeared higher for me. 

I did notice that they removed the sound effects, such as the airplane flying overhead and city noises, if not mistaken.

Also noticed considerably less boats and wakes in the photo-gen waters.  That looks much nicer.

I flew all the way over to the Marquesas and loved the water in the area.  I was hoping that they had continued westward and added the Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson but unfortunately they didn't extend that far West.  Hopefully in an update??  ;)

Dry tortugas? I was keen on it, but then the update would have cost more.

But I am sure for a future version we can add the dry tortugas, and perhaps more keys towards Marathon?  that's a nice idea.

The KMIA update will be free to all customers and we will try to bring many elements to 2015 standards.

Thanks for posting, Ricardo!

An update or addon that includes the Dry Tortugas and Marathon would be great.  

And thank you for the KMIA update to come.  The current version covers an amazing amount of area and I love that you included the surrounding areas.  It really makes the flights in and out of KMIA that much more realistic.  My only problem is with the shimmers and hit in frame rate but that should be resolved with the update.  Thanks again!

Alexander Alonso

Any chance you might be able to provide a screenshot or two at night with DX10?

I'm always frustrated with night textures at airports that hav squirrely night lighting (too much/too large, "orb-like" light bulbs, transparent/translucent textures where there shouldn't be, shimmering/misaligned textures, etc).  The only LatinVFR product I have is KSAN, and thought the runway looked just awful with DX10, even with dimmed/tweaked settings in Steve's fixer (lights were giant orbs of light that completely white-washed the runway, and would disappear at odd angles).  I love Key West and its airport, and am excited there's a new scenery for it, but I'm hesitant from the DX10 perspective.

Thanks!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

The lighting is definitely better than the original version.  

I do have Orbx lighting so that is adding to the scenery's lighting. (rather well, too.)

I'll try to post some photos soon.

Alexander Alonso

The lighting is definitely better than the original version.  

I do have Orbx lighting so that is adding to the scenery's lighting. (rather well, too.)

I'll try to post some photos soon.

Thanks in advance!  Looking forward to it.  Will certainly help influence my decision (like I mentioned, never had v1, just KSAN).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Clutch Cargo mentions a discounted price for an upgrade from v1 to v2.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has purchased at the discounted price.

The discount is mentioned by the developer on its forum as follows:

"image.php?u=410&dateline=1296337528
user-offline.pngScenery Developer

Join Date Sep 2009 Posts 1,568

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by goodperson36 viewpost-right.png
I have the FSX version V 1 is this a free upgrade for FSX or do I have to purcahse the whole thing again. Thanks
Hi,
If you bought V1 you are entitled to V2 with a discounted price of 8 Euros. The product costs 20 Euros. If you bought after January 1st 2015 you will get it for free."

However, I have not seen mention of the discounted price for an upgrade on any retail site except Simmarket.

The problem is that whilst the LatinVFR forum answer indicates an upgrade for FSX from v1 to v2, the Simmarket product page paints the picture that the ugrade discount only applies if upgrading from FS2004 (rather than in FSX), saying:

"UPDATE OFFER

If you previously purchased LATINVFR - KEY WEST KEYW FS2004 at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 8.00 only. NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version! If in doubt contact simMarket support first! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!
If you previously purchased LATINVFR - KEY WEST KEYW FS2004 after or on 2015-01-01 you are entitled for a free upgrade. Simply purchase the product and you will not be charged. NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version! If in doubt contact simMarket support first! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!"   

Am I missing something in all of this?

Gary       

The info on Simmarket is just not complete. The upgrade is possible from the FSX version as well. I purchased the upgrade for EUR 8.00.

Felix