Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FSX vs P3D vs XPX short and simple comparison

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

Taken from one of my twitch livestreams, here you can watch me flying a pattern around EDDR in each of my three main sims. No scientific comparison, just a short flight on the same day and time, and with real weather.

I mention the addons in use in the video, the planes are the A2A C182 in FSX, the A2A Piper Cherokee in P3D 2.5 and the Carenado B58 in X-Plane 10.40.

Thanks for watching, I hope you like it:

Interesting. FSX looks smooth with natural color, PD3 dark and dreary with over saturated color and X-plane with it's fantastic night lighting. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I don't know about Xplane, but FSX is not even nearly competiton for P3d graphics anymore .

With volume clouds and  shadows alone its done.

But so many having VAS issues with fsx/p3d that Xplane with no VAS issues could take the lead.

Guest Mik75

Interesting. FSX looks smooth with natural color, PD3 dark and dreary with over saturated color and X-plane with it's fantastic night lighting.

Thanks for watching!

After the reinstall, I really enjoy FSX in DX9 (sometimes with ENB, but not in this video) a lot! I do much VATSIM flying again lately, so FSX is the sim I spend the most time in as well.

But I'd defenitely wouldn't want to miss the other two sims! ;-)

I must say that I never had an OOM in FSX and P3D. FSX and P3D are super stable on my system. And without all that overtweaking, FSX performs better than ever for me right now.

P3D looks better for sure, but the difference to FSX isn't that big in my opinion.

Graphic wise, XPX is far better than FSX and P3D, but with PMDG, these two sims have the superior aircraft addons, if you like the big irons! ;-)

Very interesting

To my eyes FSX looks the smoothest and as the more natural colouration of the three.

When PD3 gets it's commercial end really rolling and making a tidy profit it will leave the hobbyist in the dust. We are already on there low priority list. Not to mention the cost if you want to obtain it the right way. 

For me FSX  SE looks so much better and runs so much better. I have tried all the renditions of PD3 and returned them all favoring my 5 buck edition of FSX SE everytime.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

FSX under DX10

P3D looks better for sure, but the difference to FSX isn't that big in my opinion.

The gap is even smaller if you run FSX under DX10 using Steve's DX10 fixer.

Guest Mik75

FSX under DX10

The gap is even smaller if you run FSX under DX10 using Steve's DX10 fixer.

I ran my last install in DX10, using Steve's handy tool. but right now, I truly enjoy FSX as it is, and it is super stable and very smooth.

Guest Mik75

Very interesting

To my eyes FSX looks the smoothest and as the more natural colouration of the three.

FSX has the highest framerate in this comparison stream (high 40's to low 50's, quite stable, P3D: high 30's to low 40's, XPX: 30 locked via IE, very stable)

I use ENB series for most of my GA flying in FSX DX9, that adds a lot to the realistic look in my oppinion.