Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Unusual airplanes?

Hey guys. Im looking for some of the more unusual aircrafts as addons in either fsx or p3d. Im thinking along the lines of concorde, sr71 etc. I already have the concorde from fslabs. The addon doesnt have to be payware but it must be good quality. Any ideas?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Well, those two examples aren't very informative. There are a lot of unusual aircraft for FSX. There's a model of the Long EZ and the Pitcairn Autogyro, for instance. Those are certainly unusual, but nothing like a Concorde or spy jet.

You'll need to be a bit more specific about what you're looking for or you'll get a gazillion suggestions all over the place.

If by unusual you mean "off the path beaten by so many developers" then I can recommend the Sibwings An-2 which is a work of art. The Just Flight Canberra PR.9 is also very good. There's a freeware Tu-144 on the Russian flightsim sites, as well as the very highly regarded freeware Tu-154. Flying Stations did a freeware Westland Wyvern, and there's also a freeware Edgely Optica available too (I forget the developer).

I don't have it, but I understand the Xtreme Prototypes X-15 is also pretty good if you're into that sort of thing.