Sign in to follow this  
Riche

4.7ghz with HT or 4.8 HT off

So basically as title says wondering which would be better , I'm able to clock my 4790k to 4.8 with 1.43v which is high I know but I'm on water temps are good . But with HT enabled im getting BSOD. 4.7ghz however with HT enabled doesn't , so which is better for flight sim? 4.7 with HT or 4.8 with out

Cheers

Riche

You dont mention which sim you use, but Nick Needham advises for P3D2.5, to turn HT off when using his settings. Those settings work great for me, so I've got HT disabled.

But 'best' settings tend to differ per system, so I think your best bet would be to just test both settings and see which suits your system best.

Cheers!

Maarten

HT = more heat which means less stability. AFAIK, neither FSX or P3D gains any benefit from HT being on so try to use the higher overclock if possible. Obviously it goes without saying that stability should be of primary concern as you go higher..

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Yeah cheers for replys, I don't see much difference in performance wise with HT ON anyways so HT OFF with 4.8 it is then,

Thanks!!

Define: "temps are good"

I hope, at the very least, they're beneath TJMAX. I also keep HT off in P3D as I've done some extensive testing and saw an improvement ranging anywhere from 5 to 10%. No AM.

I dont recomend anything over 1.4v Daily use,

Run a 4670k at 4.9 1.35v it do 5 at 1.43v little to much even at water.

Swapped to my former bench CPU this one is a really good one 100% stable @5ghz 1.33v on water.

Aida tests ink the FPU test , prime etc. Boot in to win7 1.22v @5ghz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmcn54obvold8f9/11.10-132.png?dl=0

I'm able to clock my 4790k to 4.8 with 1.43v which is high

I'd say HT off for FSX.

Q1) What flightsims do you mainly use?

Q2) Did you also need 1.43v for 4.7GHz with HT off?

Q3) Did you stress test the system at 4.8GHz and 1.43v?

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |