Sign in to follow this  
mrmister

Performances RTOW Take Off Charts for Airbus A320. Where may I obtain these charts?

Hi,

I'd like to get the RTOW Take Off Charts for the Airbus A320

These charts change for every single airport and every single runway, and also the conditions of the runway, DRY / WET. They are necessary to manually calculate the V speeds when taking off. The FMC calculate these speeds, but the pilots must also a complementary method to verify the FMC is okay, for that reason these charts are necessary. In other words, you cannot trust just in what the FMC says.

As an example, Paris Orly Airport LFPO, Runway 08, DRY will have a different chart than Barelona El Prat Airport LEBL, Runway 07R, DRY conditions.

These charts are released to calculate the performances.

Here you have an example of this chart:

U0S2SP0-DBL%20-%20RTOW%20Regulated%20Tak

In this video you can see how calculate the V speeds using these charts.

https://youtu.be/hfEz3NXvFnw?t=3m7s

I'd like to know where may I get these charts?

Cheers

Hi,

These charts change for every single airport and every single runway, and also the conditions of the runway, DRY / WET. They are necessary to manually calculate the V speeds when taking off. The FMC calculate these speeds, but the pilots must also a complementary method to verify the FMC is okay, for that reason these charts are necessary. In other words, you cannot trust just in what the FMC says.

As an example, Paris Orly Airport LFPO, Runway 08, DRY will have a different chart than Barelona El Prat Airport LEBL, Runway 07R, DRY conditions.

Cheers

Same place you got the chart you posted.

Peter Schluter

If you should refer to them as performance tables instead of charts you might get more views and responses.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If you should refer to them as performance tables instead of charts you might get more views and responses.

You are right, performance tables for the A320, the confusion comes from the runway these performance tables apply, runway chart, performance chart, but yes, are peformance table for every chart. Sadly the topic headline cannot be edited. Just to point out the published chart was taken from an Airbus document and of course it doesn't represent the source to obtain more performance tables for other runways and airports.

So the question continue: Where may I obtain those tables for different runways and airports?

Quick Reference Table.

These tables enable the crew to quickly determine the takeoff performance  at an airport for which no takeoff chart has been established.

Therefore use them.

Good luck)))

Where may I obtain those tables for different runways and airports?

You won't.

They are generally proprietary and airline-specific. They cost a *lot* of money to create.

You can find the generic performance tables in FCOM2. Alternatively, TOPCAT is capable of generating runway-specific tables.

Hi,

In this video you can see how calculate the V speeds using these charts.

https://youtu.be/hfEz3NXvFnw?t=3m7s

Cheers

Hi mrmister,

How can I see those charts, because I downloaded that manual, but on that page it says "Replace this page by page 11, in 17x11 inches format". How you fixed that?

Thank you very much!

As far as I am aware, those charts does not exist on the Internet for the A320. Even in the 4-volume FCOM there isn't anything like that apart from one or two sample tables like you posted. 

For Boeing aircrafts those v-speed tables are included in FCOM and can be easily calculated. Unfortunately you may have to just accept the result computed by the FMGC. I believe in real world pilots does not do any of these calculations themselves, either. Usually the dispatcher does the calculation using computer software and send the results to the pilot.

Even in the 4-volume FCOM there isn't anything like that apart from one or two sample tables like you posted.

FCOM 2 has a comprehensive set of takeoff performance tables, exactly the same as Boeing. You can use them to calculate balanced field numbers, Flex temp etc. They only take in to account TORA/TODA/ASDA -- ie you can only determine the field-limited numbers from them (same with the Boeing FCOM data).

What isn't available, for Airbus, Boeing or any other manufacturer, is what the OP asked about which is tables customised to a particular runway. These tables take in to account obstacles/terrain etc in order to provide RTOW limits for a specific runway at a specific airfield (either field-limited, or climb-limited if applicable). These tables are not published (in the FCOM or anywhere else) because they are created by airline performance departments, not by Airbus.

FCOM 2 has a comprehensive set of takeoff performance tables, exactly the same as Boeing. You can use them to calculate balanced field numbers, Flex temp etc. They only take in to account TORA/TODA/ASDA -- ie you can only determine the field-limited numbers from them (same with the Boeing FCOM data).

What isn't available, for Airbus, Boeing or any other manufacturer, is what the OP asked about which is tables customised to a particular runway. These tables take in to account obstacles/terrain etc in order to provide RTOW limits for a specific runway at a specific airfield (either field-limited, or climb-limited if applicable). These tables are not published (in the FCOM or anywhere else) because they are created by airline performance departments, not by Airbus.

You are correct. I got things mixed up. However the FCOM I found only has tables for dry runway and altitude of 0, 1000 and 2000 ft. That's a lot less than those in Boeing's version. Also I found nothing for A319/321. Maybe I have a different version than yours.