Sign in to follow this  
jet46

Switching between Nav/GPS on CDI

I am using panel builder with the a2a c172 addon.  I also have the Mindstar GNS530 addon installed.  The VOR1 instrument is only reading info from the nav radio regardles sof how the CDI on the GNS530 is switched.  The VOR1 in the VC works and switches correctly.  

Is there a way to get the VOR1 gauge to correctly switch between the nav radio and the GPS?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Right now there is not. I'll investigate what would be required to achieve this.

I think I found a solution, can you test this for me and post what you found out?

The issue is that the FSUIPC offsets for the VOR1 receiver do not know what has been set to it (NAV or GPS), but the HSI does. So the below changes use the offsets for the HSI for the VOR1 Gauge.
Edit the following file : C:\Users\INSERT YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\simplugins\PanelManagerPRO\simpluginsFSUIPCA2A.ini (make a backup copy first!)

Scroll down until you find [Nav1] and use the following entries:

[Nav1]
N1OBS = short,0C4E
N1HDEF# = double,2F88,{0} / 25.4
N1VDEF# = double,2F90,{0} / 23.8
N1TF = byte,2FAD
N1VS = byte,2FAB
N1HS = byte,2FAE

Save the changes and try it out.If it works I'll make a permanent fix for it in the next update.

Awesome service!   Thank you,

This fixed seems to work perfect.  I tracked a vor, did some gps filying, and flew and ILS approach perfectly!

Thank you!