Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

Rotation at TNCM

Hello,

I just wanted to share some screenshots of my last rotation to Sint Maarten (TNCM) as it was a great experience with the NGX:

Final rwy 10 from KMIA:

767257201588194755163.jpg

At gate:

48161520158819591912.jpg

Departing to KMIA:

35746820158821224511.jpg

Happy vacacioners, take care!

25591820158821310794.jpg

Lift-off:

2530172015882153234.jpg

Right turn straight after takeoff, watch out for the mountain!

20560120158821537560.jpg

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Nice shots Romain.  TNCM is always lots of fun.  Maybe next time you take off on runway 10, instead of turning right turn left :wink:

I did go straight over the mountain once!

Chris Sunseri

Maybe next time you take off on runway 10, instead of turning right turn left

I did go straight over the mountain once!

Did you do it for real or in sim?

Because on the charts it is stipulated "RT out compulsory" for the departure rwy 10.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Did you do it for real or in sim?

Only in the sim :smile:

Lightly loaded 777F, flaps 15 and no derate....it's pure power!

Chris Sunseri

Nice! I was testing the 6 earlier and wanted a change of scenery, so I had X-Plane load me up at KASE. That's a one way in, one way out airport because of the terrain. Of course, it loaded me up on the arrival side and I just wanted to get airborne. That was a tight squeeze. Had it been skiing season, some of the people up on Buttermilk would've probably had a nice view.

Map

Kyle Rodgers

Wow, nice place, and there is a scenery for fsx too, I'd go to fly the NGX around there one day if there are commercial flights.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Very nice Budbud.

Hey guys when you have a chance now that we have been talking RNP approaches in the forum and now going down south towards my neck of the woods, give MHTG a try RNP RWY 02. You will need the T2G Toncontin scenery which is not very expensive and it is a very challenging RNP approach. The last part of the approach is a visual tight turn while descending and you need the ground reference maneuver points.

give MHTG a try RNP RWY 02

My very first landing there was the only time I've had two missed approaches Alberto...thank goodness it's a sim :lol:

Had it been skiing season, some of the people up on Buttermilk would've probably had a nice view.

Looks like Buttermilk is about a 9900ft peak Kyle.  Not long after that the tops break 14,000ft.....yikes!

Chris Sunseri

TFFJ St Barths is part of that scenery package and really hair raising to fly into. I have pretty much mastered that landing in the Twotter. Good times.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Whatever. I land the 900 at SABA weekly. Aint no thang.

Ironic,right?

The -900 on 305m long runway -> Autobrake to max + full reverse, empty load, mini fuel... Really??  :Devil:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

The -900 on 305m long runway -> Autobrake to max + full reverse, empty load, mini fuel... Really?? :Devil:

So while my Saturday night was eventful enough and I wrote that in jest (shocker, right?), I just tried it and there's simply no way. You're right, of course, about load, fuel, autobrake, etc. but by the time the reversers can even deploy, you're out in the sea. Ah well, back to proper flying... And yes, I tried the takeoff too and it looked like a plane taking off from an aircraft carrier...

Anyway... I'll just say this: as you probably noticed when doing your flight earlier, when you combine PMDG and FT, you just can't ask for anything more...

Do you have mytraffic by chance? TNT serving that airport is strange, and the plane has their reverse thrusters activated at the gate - David Lee

No, it is just another pilot online on IVAO. I just deactivate the label.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg