Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Potential Prepar3d V3 Clue in FSUIPC Log 4.942 Release

While I welcome improvements to the sim, Im  in no hurry to open my wallet to get all of my orbx products 3.0 compatible.

are we to expect another 2.x update, i.e. 2.6 or is it straight to 3.0 ?

Hi Andrea,

I'm not aware of any v2.6.  Beau (LM's lead 3D engineer) had posted about v3 and v4 so lots of good things to come down the line.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, as you mentioned Beau, that file size regarding water texture, will be available for v3?

I saw that thread on P3D forum, if I use REX 4, that change would have impact too?

I think it is exciting also, but only if I knew what v3 was going to offer.

Bob

Hi Rob,

Just a simple question with no hidden meanings ... I had to reformat my drive and reinstall my OS...and about to install 2.5... am i wasting my time doing this or better to wait?

Cheers

doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

If they are already talking about V4 as implied above, i see V3 being Windows 10 and DX12 but not 64-bit...  I must admit to being a little disappointed, doesn't matter, i'll still buy it.

Ian R Tyldesley

If they are already talking about V4 as implied above, i see V3 being Windows 10 and DX12 but not 64-bit...  I must admit to being a little disappointed, doesn't matter, i'll still buy it.

1+

But what do you mean buy it again - buy what again

Rich Sennett

I assume that a full version number advance will require a new licence purchase Rich, just like owners of a v1 licence had to buy one for v2 :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I assume that a full version number advance will require a new licence purchase Rich, just like owners of a v1 licence had to buy one for v2 :) K

Hi Kevin as I got in on v2 I did not know that - I am assuming it will be the same cost and have to buy it again ? or is there some sort of upgrade price - thanks

Rich Sennett

I dont know sorry, Rob A may have some inside track on that but even if he does, I doubt he will compromise his integrity to tell us :P (and rightly so)

My best guess would be it will cost the same as v2, but only LM know for sure, maybe they will surprise us?! K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I just did a clean install of both Win10 and P3Dv2.5 and like always lots of work and time went into the upgrade but if v3 is not too far away I'll still be happy to start all over again despite the hassle.

As others already said interesting times ahead indeed!

Richard Åsberg

Fascinating. I really wasnt expecting any sort of info on V3 until at least next year.  Im still hoping and wishing for 64 bit as priority over dx12. Which is too good to be true because its a monumental task. But hey if they accomplished it somehow, I'll take it and pay for it.  If it means we have to start paying for add on upgrading, then so be it. Will be a slow process depending on prices but just think.  No more turning off external aircraft, no more worrying about installing and airport with downsized textures, no more worrying about any VC HD textures, or clouds and the like. No more OOMs. Getting tired of turning things off just to save a few hundred mb when we cant realize its full potential.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png