Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Changing links...

Is the URL http://forums.avsim.net going to no longer be a valid URL to the forums here?  It drops one on the main page at www.avsim.com instead of in the forums.

If this is going to change, those of us with commercial support forums here (and the corresponding links on our web pages) will need to know.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I will see if Chase has an answer.  It's my understanding you will be able to go to forums.avsim.net OR forums.avsim.com once the repairs are done. If you have anything saved to go to avsim.net, it will automatically redirect to AVSIM.com right now (the front page).  I see this just occurred within the last 2-3 hours so things are happening.  I just tried to link to forums.avsim.com and there's a problem loading that page so there will have to be fixes for both domains so that we don't have to click on the Forums tab.

Chase will surely explain once he finds time as he and Brian are busy updating the system and transferring files.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

http://forum.avsim.net/index/

brings me straight to the forums...

I vary rarely ever visit the "Front Page" at all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Your links will still work whether they are avsim.com or forum.avsim.net.... the Site will be working off of avsim.com now due to centralizing data storage and reconfiguring how our servers communicate with the device.  Again, either way works; it will just forward to avsim.com.

http://www.avsim.com/index is the new "Forum listing" page...

Chase, congrats to you and Brian and all. I could go into the WHY we did it that way back then, but, it would no longer make sense 6 years later. :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

http://forum.avsim.net no longer works, it takes you to the main page instead.

Also, most of the forum features are now gone... I assume this is intentional?  It no longer remembers what threads I've last read, etc... and all the quick links and such that used to be available on the forum page no longer exist.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

We are currently in Performance Mode as we found a glitch in the websites performance and we are trying to "nip it in the bud".  Forum features will return once we go back to normal.  Hopefully this will be soon.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Those features such as  remembering what threads I've last read, etc. were there yesterday but have gone now at 21:30 BST at 11 August 2015

Those features such as  remembering what threads I've last read, etc. were there yesterday but have gone now at 21:30 BST at 11 August 2015

They are now back at 10;38 BST on 12 August 2015