Sign in to follow this  
777simmer

Level D767 EPR and flight model question

Hi there,

I am looking for a B767 addon that does particulary well for hand flying.

It needs to have an accurate/realistic flight model and accurate EPR indications for the PW engines.

I dont mind it being a systems simulation at the same time, but that is not a requirement.

All info I found about the B767 by level D is that it does not have EPR indication for the PW engines.

The flight model is said to be very good though.

I was wondering if any of the Level D updates that came out over the years ever added EPR for PW engines?

Another option would be the Capt sim 767, which does have different engine options including EPR for PW if I am not mistaken, but I dont know how their flight model is.

Thx

Rob Robson

The Level-D is a joy to hand fly and has a very accurate flight model according to real 767 pilots on the forum. Although the three engine types are present in the visual model, I am pretty sure that the engine instruments and FMC only use the GE perameters.

Peter Schluter

Yes, that was my impression from the info I gathered so far as well.

thx.

Rob Robson

I am tending towards the Capt sim 767.

Because it does have EPR indications for the PW engines.

The thing is, if these EPR indications are way off, not realistic, then they are of no use to me.

In that case the LevelD 767 with realistic engine parameters, even if it misses EPR would be prefered.

Rob Robson

If you are looking for serious simulation, i would not recommended Captain Sim, i don't think there can be something realistic and accurate realated to CS. I own Level D 767, not using it so much this days, but it's a good old addon. You can download alternative VC cockpit from Level D forums, and add TSS engine sounds. There is also FS2Crew available for Level D(never considered for CS), so you can deduce what to expect from this addon. Here is the link to some youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0--OFzbupLw

I'm not sure how realistic are engine parameters, but systems are realy good for addon that is about 10 years old. The only negative thing i can say about is that level d 767 is missing the real need for trim - just my opinion, on Maddog and PMDG planes that is done well. In any case, Captain Sim is eye kandy only, don't expect systems and flight modeling. I don't own it, and i'm not buying anything from them

Whaaaat???......the levelD 767 does not require you to trim??

It autotrims??

Another Airbus - Boeing mix messup?

If that is the case then I dont know where these claims come from that the LevelD 767 has a realistic flight model. Sounds like a realistic procedures and systems trainer at best!

Rob Robson

No, trim is working just fine, but i find this not so realistic for my taste, like on Maddog and PMDG planes. I may be wrong about that. Flight model is good

I am tending towards the Capt sim 767.

Hi, Rob,

Just to give you an idea, for a long time the CS 777 would not auto-switch from TOGA to climb thrust in VNAV, even in their RTM, post beta phase.  There was also a problem not fixed for a long time with the target speed on the FMA being displayed incorrectly.  I don't know if the former problem was ever fixed as I stopped using it except for video replays not too long after the PMDG T7 came out.   

I'm not a RW pilot but the Level-D 767 has a long history of positive reviews on its systems and flight modeling.  It is, however, true that only one engine type is modeled -- there is only one FDE (aircraft.cfg+air file) each for the non-winglet & winglet versions.  The different engine versions are visual models only.   Also, the appearance is somewhat dated.

If you still want the CS 767, wait until it goes on sale!

Mike

PS- If you are using FSX Steam, you may need some workarounds to get it running -- especially if you have both FSX:MS (Boxed) and FAS:SE (Steam) installed.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just bought and installed the LevelD 767.

I had to change some FSUIPC settings for aileron and elevator control because I initially used my PMDG 777 settings for the 767 (including aileron/elevator slope).

This made the 767 way too sensitive.

With my new slopes it behave quite fine I think.

Trimming is also very much necesary.

Might be that trimming works a bit too fast....but that could be changed in FSUIPC as well.

I got a friend coming over on Tuesday who has been flying the 767 for years.

I will let him fine tune it and see what he has to say.

The panels and VC are a bit outdated, but that is ok and was expected.

As a plus you get 2D panels, ....something I miss very much on new addons.

I wish they had made a separate 2D PFD and ND though.

As it is, the PFD is quite small (on 2D main panel) and that makes it hard to fly accurately.

With the Capt or FO main panel enlarged to fully fit my 2nd 24inch monitor its ok...but I would have liked it even larger.

I also noticed that when you use the 2D panels, that the VC PFD stops working.

Thx for the advice and opinions guys.

Rob Robson

I got a friend coming over on Tuesday who has been flying the 767 for years.

I will let him fine tune it and see what he has to say.

I'm curious about his opinion, and especially "fine tuning" :smile:   And I totally forgot about trim fine tuning in FSUIPC... Thanks for that, i think i'm going to try it again. I used this plane a lot in FS9 with FS2Crew and TSS HD sounds, i'm not sure why i didn't liked it so much in FSX, but i'll try it again now.  

Just remembered something important about this plane - to avoid app hanging and CTD's, look for Level D entries in DLL.XML. FSUIPC should be before Level D, and FSCopilot(if you use it)after Level D entry. Just rearrange them manually. I have FSUIPC allways on top, and FSCopilot at the bottom of DLL.XML, it seems to be important for stability.