Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Checklist

Hi

I am trying to figure out couple of things from FO flow in voice control.

From manual:

PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST

FO reads these 2 items:

Oxygen

Flight instruments

But does not read these two:

Parking brake
Fuel control switches

If these two items is read by CA does FO have to read these items or not?

Same thing here:

BEFORE START CHECKLIST

FO does not read:

Passenger Signs

Beacon                                             

TRANSITION LEVEL ALTIMETERS RESET XXXX   - FO always repeats 1013 SET, even if I use QNH 1025 or QFE 998mb.

SHUTDOWN CHECKLIST

FO only says Parking brake from the checklist and skips the rest!!!

Procedures. It says:

o   Turn on APU if it's not already running if you do not plan on using the GPU or Air Start Cart during engine start.

o   If using the Air Conditioning Cart, disconnect it as it can’t be used to supply air during engine start (via GND panel or CDU)

o   If you plan to use APU for engine start, ask the ground crew to disconnect external power and air once APU is on-line via GND panel or CDU (assuming the GPU and external air are connected).

So did all that and when I FO starts engines and I turn fuel control switch the engines spool up to about 40-50% N1 and then power down again like there is no enough power/air to spool up. So what is missing here? If I do not use FS2 crew I have no problem with engine start.

Thx for looking.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Checklists:

When using the electronic checklist, the FO only reads the items that need to be ticked manually on the checklist. The other items are sensored automatically by the system.

As for the altimeters read back:

The FO reads back the current value you have set, so if you speak "transition level, altimeter reset 1025" but your altimeter is still set to 1013, the FO will say altimeter reset 1013. Check that you have set your altimeter to the correct value before running the approach checklist.

Shutdown checklist:

Same as my first point above.

Engines start:

If the engine spools up to 40-50% N2 (not N1 or there is a big issue!), it means that you have enough air and ignition with fuel has started already.

What is your fuel flow? You should start reading values at around 37% N2 if I'm not wrong.

What is the position of the engine start switch when the engine spools down? And what is the fuel flow value?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

The FO reads back the current value you have set, so if you speak "transition level, altimeter reset 1025" but your altimeter is still set to 1013, the FO will say altimeter reset 1013. Check that you have set your altimeter to the correct value before running the approach checklist.

I checked it carefully many times, regardless what I set and say, FO always always reads 1013. Will keep monitoring on this one. 

When using the electronic checklist, the FO only reads the items that need to be ticked manually on the checklist. The other items are sensored automatically by the system.

OK, copy that. So I have to manually check those items in ECL which FO does not read. 

​I remember FO used to opened up ECL so I was able to check items, it does  not happen anymore. I have to access myself ECL. I wonder if it is CFG related or something. I might be wrong though. 

Thanks for help.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

OK, copy that. So I have to manually check those items in ECL which FO does not read. 
​I remember FO used to opened up ECL so I was able to check items, it does  not happen anymore. I have to access myself ECL. I wonder if it is CFG related or something. I might be wrong though. 

If the FO doesn't open the ECL anymore maybe you have the Force ECL closed (or something like that) set to yes.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello back. After been flying all these days I have something to ask. 

ECL works ok, I had to change settings in CFG to NO, so ECL panel opens. I good here. 

1) When descending through Transition Level set the local pressure on the CA's altimeter. Speak: "Transition Level Altimeters Reset XXXX"

I preselected local QNH and at transition level say, for example, "Transition Level Altimeters Reset 1022" The FO repeats "..Altimeters 1013 (or 2992)"  Always!!! However local altimeter setting 1022 appears on PFD. But when I speak "Approach Checklist" FO speaks Altimeters (again) 1013 (or 2992) set and reselect altimeters back to STD. I am puzzled here. I think I did exactly as the manual says, but FO does something different. 

2) From manual: "If you have selected to have the GPU automatically connect at gate arrival via CFG options, only shut down the right engine after external power is connected and on-line! Once the GPU is connected and on-line (don't forget to press the AVAIL light on the Overhead Panel..."

GPU never automatically connects even though I selected this option in CFG. I have to call ground crew to connect it. 

3) The SECURE CHECKLIST is ready silently by the Captain (if using the ECL, the Captain would also complete the checklist).

After FO secures the A/C he/she leaves the cockpit saying "I see you outside". 

My understanding I have to open ECL myself and complete the checklist. When I read the checklist silently (per manual) the the FO speaks Taxi lights are coming OFF". Why does FO say that if he is outside the cockpit? Moreover FO flips taxi lights switches. 

4) I was on the radar vector and the controller gave me radar heading 360 vectoring me to visual maneuvering area. Heading of 360 dgr would bring me to about 4-5 miles final. I asked FO to set heading 360 ( I was hand flying) and she said: "Hmmm, are you sure?"..Is this a normal response? :wink:  I said YES but she remained silent. I spoke again to set heading 360 and she never responded. During climb and cruise she set heading with no problem. 

I wonder why was the FO uncomfortable to set that heading and if there is some kind of logic in program which tracks aircraft position in relation to a RWY to prevent pilot to do some strange things? 

Thx for looking. 

1. We can't 'read' what's in the pre-set Altimeter box.  We can only read the altimeter setting selected in the Capt's altimeter.

2. It should.  You can watch the FO connecting the power via the Right FMC.  Watch the right FMC... you should see the GPU being selected via the menusl.

3. He says I'll see you outside because he's leaving the cockpit.  The flight is over.  As for taxi light, the speech system must have somehow detected the taxi light command.

4. Are you sure you saw "Set heading 3 6 0" in the green bar and not something else? 

byork.

"We can't 'read' what's in the pre-set Altimeter box.  We can only read the altimeter setting selected in the Capt's altimeter." 

So I am not suppose to preselect local altimeter, correct? At transition level I have to select myself local altimeter on CA's side and push STD myself to change from STD to local and then speak Transition Level Altimeters Reset XXXX? 

How about when I speak "Approach Checklist" FO reselect altimeters from local back to STD?

"You can watch the FO connecting the power via the Right FMC.  Watch the right FMC"

The FO is does not select anything regardless if we are at the gate or stand. CFG is configured per manual. 

"Set heading 3 6 0" in the green bar and not something else?

Well, I gave FO 3 different headings instructions right before that 360 and she did all well, last 360 went strange. I thought I spelled it right. Will do same scenario to check on that. 

Thanks for help. 

At transition level I have to select myself local altimeter on CA's side and push STD myself to change from STD to local and then speak Transition Level Altimeters Reset XXXX? 

--- Correct

Approach Checklist:  FO should not press STD.  All he should do is respond to your voice command.  Example, speak: "2 9 8 4 Set".

Important:  There was a new CFG option introduced in a later update to the effect "FO presses STD at at TA/TL".  Make sure that is set to "No".

Heading 360:  You can always check the CVR Log to see what was heard.  

GPU auto connect:  Not sure.  Anyone else?  Make sure the chocks are in place.  If the chocks aren't in, the GPU can't connect.

OK , great. 

I saw I had option in CFG FO presses STD at at TA/TL was "Yes", it have changed to "NO".

As for the GPU, it might have been my incorrect aircraft position on arrival. Will try to park it more accurately, maybe that was the problem. Will respond back.

Thx again 

Hi.

Update. Pretty much everything is working normal. As for GPU automatically connects at arrival gate. From the manual: "only shut down the right engine after external power is connected and on-line!"  It works this way when I use add on airports. If I use default scenery GPU won't connect till I shutdown the right engine first and then GPU connects, not the way around. Will keep testing .. :smile: 

Thx 

OK. I have done about 10 flights so far. After landing GPU wont connect automatically in default sceneries even though it is selected in cfg. I have to use Ctrl+J to attach a jetbridge myself first then GPU connects and I see power AVAIL light turns green on the overhead panel. In addon sceneries jetbridge attaches automatically and AVAIL lights lights on.

Thx 

The GPU auto connect function is totally independent of any scenery.

For the jetway, all FS2Crew does is essentially press CTRL J, the same key you would to toggle the jetway (if one is available).

Remember, some 3rd party sceneries do not use the default Jetway.

So you're saying the GPU will auto-connect if you attach the jetbridge first?