Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th

So.. Is it me doing something wrong or does their site REALLY suck? Maybe just mobile version as I'm on my phone, bimut for the life of me I can't find where to actually see their products...

Don´t worry, you are not alone. You have to really want their product to go through the ordeal they call purchasing. I think the F-84 is worth the nervous breakdown.

AFAIK you have to register an accout first. I bought my first product (F-104) when they still were on their old system and was migrated to the new one, so I don't know how that registration works. But when you are registered, the site is like any old webshop.

But even finally having them on your system is only half way there. You need an additional key that is sent to you after you send in your personal registration file (which is generated when you try out the model for the first time. This key is generated from your hardware info, so every change in CPU, GPU or any one of the major components sends you back to request a new key.

They are very afraid of piracy, and with good reason. Their products are outstanding, probably because some members of the team flew those for real back in the day. They helped out Dino Cattaneo too AFAIK.

LORBY-SI

Good deal, 104g seems to be nice model from the youtube vids I have seen.  Tired of waiting for the A2A one so might go for this.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Never heard of them until this post.

Went to their site.  Unless they are going to put up a products page, with detail...I am just not interested.  Guess they don't want or need my business.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Look at the top of the page for Software Shop, Click on that and then click on the fsx banner and that will open product and prices for fsx.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No dice. When I click at the top (where the link itself says "/store") it just reloads the same page, no fsx banner nothing... Maybe you're registered?

Yes I did register, took me 5 minutes but I wanted to see the prices and planes. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

IMHO these planes are for enthusiasts, who really want this particular aircraft for personal reasons. As documentation you only get the pilot's handbooks/adapted procedures/notes, and it is quite a challenge to master them by reading only that. No tutorials, no help, no step-by-step. You should know quite a lot about these planes in general as well, so you're not surprised by their habits. Flying a Starfighter is not easy, they are extremely fast on takeoff and landing, you need to deploy the chute if you want to stop in time, and disconnect it properly afterwards, they have blown flaps (pull back the throttle a little too much when on approach and she will fall from the sky like a brick), put too much payload on the F-84 and you won't even get her off the runway, and the list goes on. Just closing the canopy can be difficult, as you have to pull it down all the way with the mouse. No idea how this works without TrackIR.

With these things the phrase "as real as it gets" has a certain truth to it...

Btw. the vACMI is a good addition too, if you are into this sort of thing. Unfortunately it only works with SSW planes and one or two models from Dino Cattaneo.

LORBY-SI

I got as far as the checkout with the 104 and when trying to pay, it is asking far too much info since I'm paying with PayPal. Cancelled the order, putting the money from the 104 towards Milviz F-4E. Too bad these guys are so paranoid, even PMDG is easier than this.

SSW makes awesome planes and I'd say they are on the level of VRS Superbug easily. They have extended the sal till the end of month.

I got as far as the checkout with the 104 and when trying to pay, it is asking far too much info since I'm paying with PayPal. Cancelled the order, putting the money from the 104 towards Milviz F-4E. Too bad these guys are so paranoid, even PMDG is easier than this.

I'm with you.. Seems these guys are almost hiding their products and saying "Don't buy from us, we don't need any business".... (In a creepy ghost voice for some reason)