Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt Lighting

I always feel like buying scenery from Aerosoft is a crap shoot and this time I lost.

Their EDDF lighting does not work in P3Dv2.  Their support forum has a link to the developer, Simmershome, where there is a page full of download links for various products including EDDF.  So far so good, then on clicking the download button I learn I must be logged in first and the entire site is in German. I'm stuck.

Seems the developer's fix is to exclude the custom taxi, runway and vasi lighting in his product and allow the default P3D lighting to shine. I'm okay with that, but getting the download is a Catch 22.

Aerosoft will sell you stuff but if there is a problem they hold up their hands and say we're not in charge of that, please talk to the developer. Hahaha.  The funny part is that they keep on selling the product, yup. Nice profit margin when you don't have to spend money on customer support.

By the way, now that I'm getting that out of my system, anybody have the patch from Simmershome for EDDF??? Be much obliged to get a copy of that.

Dan Downs KCRP

Update:  Disregard request for copy of patch from Simmershome.

Aerosoft recommended a Google translation for the developers web site.. did that and found that I had to register with the developer's web site... did that and downloaded the patch and installed it.

Real let down when the fix failed to fix the problem.

Recommendation to others:  Be very very careful with the products sold by Aerosoft because they will continue to sell you products long after the developer has stopped providing support.

Dan Downs KCRP

MAF X (2008 version) was developed for FS2004 and FSX, there is a new EDDF (FSX/P3D) in development if you haven't noticed

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Mega Airport Frankfurt was not designed for P3D so therefore Aerosoft is under no obligation to provide support for it. The fix you mention was to add the new runway to the existing scenery. It will install to P3D if you use the migration tool. You must use it for both the initial install and the update. you must also use the patch from Simmershome for the lighting to work properly. I've had some problems with this scenery as GSX does not recognize the AFCAD. As Walter stated, a new version is in the works.

NAX669.png

Thanks guys, this is why I posted here.

Dan Downs KCRP

MAF X (2008 version) was developed for FS2004 and FSX, there is a new EDDF (FSX/P3D) in development if you haven't noticed

Yeah, I can't wait for the Flightbeam version of EDDF to hit the market so I can trash the Aerosoft version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah, I can't wait for the Flightbeam version of EDDF to hit the market so I can trash the Aerosoft version.

Hmmm...I was under impression that new EDDF is also being developed by Aerosoft.

Hmmm...I was under impression that new EDDF is also being developed by Aerosoft.

Your impression is correct, Aerosoft is developing a new EDDF.

But, Flightbeam is also developing one as well. Attached below is a link to their 2014/2015 road map. Flightbeam in addition to doing KSFOv2 is doing KMSP and EDDF.

I'll personally wait for the Flightbeam version of EDDF since I know they are better at optimizing mega hubs than anything I've bought from Aerosoft.

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1954

Flightbeam has also been planning on doing Schipol but canceled that project.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Update:  I've got Aerosoft EDDF working. German developer's English instructions were 'don't use the DUMMI file' but turns out it does need to be in their AFD folder.

Yeah, figured it would eventually work out since the patch was titled Native P3Dv2 Lighting.... GSX working normal. Nice flight EDDF-KORD following today's UA945.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

It's weird that GSX works for you. I can't get it to work with either the Aerosoft scenery or the default. I get an error message that a usable afcad not found.

NAX669.png

It's weird that GSX works for you. I can't get it to work with either the Aerosoft scenery or the default. I get an error message that a usable afcad not found.

I assumed it was working but in looking at the eddf.ini that GSX puts in the appdata area I see this:

[general]
afcad_path = F:/P3D/Scenery/0601/scenery/APX50140.bgl

GSX is pointing to the default AFCAD.  Aerosoft EDDF puts AFCADS in the aerosoft\Afd\scenery folder instead of the location scenery folder and this might be tripping GSX up.  I might play with it later but for now I've spent more time on EDDF than any scenry I've purchased and want to move on.

Dan Downs KCRP

Unfortunately, there is no listing at all for EDDF in GSX. No clue and like you, I'm tired of messing with it.

NAX669.png