Sign in to follow this  
isiattie

Control Sensitivity and null zone P3D

Hello Everyone!

I know this must be in another thread but Im not finding it.

Can you please help me out or point me in the right direction as to what settings to use on sensitivity and null zone for the most realistic feel of 777 and 737NGX? (aileron, elevators and rudders)

I read that the best settings are to max out sensitivity and set null zone to 0, but the 777 then handles like a cessna. 

Im using Saitek pro flight yoke on Prepar3d v2

Thanks!!!

Good Day!

Hello Everyone!

I know this must be in another thread but Im not finding it.

Can you please help me out or point me in the right direction as to what settings to use on sensitivity and null zone for the most realistic feel of 777 and 737NGX? (aileron, elevators and rudders)

I read that the best settings are to max out sensitivity and set null zone to 0, but the 777 then handles like a cessna. 

Im using Saitek pro flight yoke on Prepar3d v2

Thanks!!!

Good Day! 

I love this post.  Thanks.  Only thing missing was your full name, please it's part of the rules for the PMDG forums.

I've been saying for a long time to those that are having difficulty understanding the FBW in the B777 to "forget about it. Fly it like a Cessna." Hahaha.

Please review the section on the PMDG B777 FBW implementation beginning on page 164 in the Introduction document. It may answer to your concerns regarding handling.  As far as controller setup goes, I believe that is dependent on your controller (as long as the P3D realism settings are set to maximum realism).  Generally, you want sensitivity set to ensure full control deflection and null zone as small as possible unless you have a noisey controller. Linearity is very dependent on individual preferences. My axis are calibrated for linear response and no null zone.

Dan Downs KCRP

FSX sensitivity controls how much FSX lags control movements. It doesn't control surface movement v input as might be expected. Always set it high to minimise lag in the controls and keep response to inputs sharp.

There is a flag you can set in FSX.cfg to make it a true sensitivities control but that seems pointless to me too. You nearly always want max surface deflection to occur at maximum input deflection. There's no value in having max deflection occur at less than full input deflection. You are just wasting controller resolution doing that.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you.  forgot my name at the end.

I tried setting sensitivity to 90 and null to 7, it gave me a little better feeling and handling.

Ill read the PMDG FBW section Dan, thank you..

Also, probably my Saitek yoke is not that smooth any more after 3 years of use, that's what might be causing the plane to feel a little "too responsive" if you understand what I mean.

Great day!

Isidoro Attie

Also, probably my Saitek yoke is not that smooth any more after 3 years of use, that's what might be causing the plane to feel a little "too responsive" if you understand what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean... I was finally able to retire my old MS Sidewinder this year with an investment in a Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle. Wow. I did it during our last B777 beta testing and was deeply satisfied with the upgrade.

Dan Downs KCRP