Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Windows 10 - 10 days! Where is Saitek?

I see this evening that their "Windows 10 Drivers Coming Soon" tweets have been removed from their Twitter feed. Anyone heard any updates? Those were the only promises I had seen and it appears they are gone!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Mine work great in Win 10 ?  I have their Rudder ( Combat Pro ) and the x.52 Pro.  No need for updated drivers I guess - the latest release, for win 7 and 8, works just great.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Jose,

Do you keep your Saitek devices always connected to your computer, even when you are not flying? And, do you have any Saitek panels such as the Multipanel or Switch Panel?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

My Pro Flight X-65F HOTAS/Throttle and rudder pedals seem to work okay, but I'm using FSUIPC.

Heck, does their X-52 Pro even work with USB 3.0 yet?  When I got my sticks two years ago, Windows 7 would either blue screen or simply not boot (freeze on starting windows screen).  Saitek said their X-52 Pro didn't support USB 3.0 and likely would not in the product's life.  Was told to disable USB 3.0 functionality in my motherboard to fix the problem (which it did).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Heck, does their X-52 Pro even work with USB 3.0 yet? When I got my sticks two years ago, Windows 7 would either blue screen or simply not boot (freeze on starting windows screen). Saitek said their X-52 Pro didn't support USB 3.0 and likely would not in the product's life. Was told to disable USB 3.0 functionality in my motherboard to fix the problem (which it did).

USB 3.0 is not software dependent. The actual hardware must be certified for USB 3.0.

USB 3.0 is not software dependent. The actual hardware must be certified for USB 3.0.

Sure. However, in my exchange with Saitek, was told it related to one of their drivers. Whether that's true or not, beats me.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Jose,

Do you keep your Saitek devices always connected to your computer, even when you are not flying? And, do you have any Saitek panels such as the Multipanel or Switch Panel?

Sorry for the late reply :-/

Yes, I do keep them permanently connected.

Even with PSX ( Java-based ) they're keeping their configurations and working perfect.

Nope, no panels - just the Combat Rudder Pro and the X-52. Actually my X-52 was broken, so I am using just the HOTAS unit, and a T.16000 as joystick.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yes, I do keep them permanently connected.

Even with PSX ( Java-based ) they're keeping their configurations and working perfect.

Nope, no panels - just the Combat Rudder Pro and the X-52. Actually my X-52 was broken, so I am using just the HOTAS unit, and a T.16000 as joystick.

Then you are not exposed to the issues; 1) selection buttons on mouse become disabled when Saitek USB devices are unplugged (while system on), and 2) power state failure of Saitek panel due to Windows advanced power management (requires registry editing).

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I have the unplugging issue sometimes too so try and leave them in all the time. Also have an issue where the mouse starts moving in small steps and beeps every time you move it. Reboot fixes it. This is using the win 8 drivers from the site. I have yoke, pedals, quadrant and trim wheel.

Chris

Then you are not exposed to the issues; 1) selection buttons on mouse become disabled when Saitek USB devices are unplugged (while system on), and 2) power state failure of Saitek panel due to Windows advanced power management (requires registry editing).

Ok, thx for the note anyway, should I ever be faced with it - which I hope not :-/

There will certainly be a fix from Saitek, sooner or later. Win 10 has just debuted ... Anyway, I thought we could easily set the power management options in win 10 ???

Main Simulation Rig:

There will certainly be a fix from Saitek, sooner or later. Win 10 has just debuted ... Anyway, I thought we could easily set the power management options in win 10 ???

Not just power management.  Found this following link this morning. Read down the thread. The most recent post at the bottom points to an underlying issue that may be hardware related.  In any case Saitek has had plenty of time to work on this from the first reports of the issues, which I believe track back to Feb or March.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=157545

I have the unplugging issue sometimes too so try and leave them in all the time. Also have an issue where the mouse starts moving in small steps and beeps every time you move it. Reboot fixes it. This is using the win 8 drivers from the site. I have yoke, pedals, quadrant and trim wheel.

Chris

Chris. Here is a method to perhaps overcome the issue.  After you have finished flying, and before you unplug the devices, go into Control Panel, Device Manager, and open up the HID section. Find the devices you wish to unplug, right click on them, and disable them.  That works for me for the time being.  I am then able to unplug without the issues.  

You may have to go back into Device Manager and enable them before you use them the next time. Plugging them in may get them recognized, but may not automatically enable them.

I have a Pro Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals and they are clearly identified in the HID section.  I also have a Saitek Multipanel and had to do some trial and error to identify it in the section.  

For others reading this, for some of use who use our sim computer for other day-to-day purposes and do not have a home cockpit so to speak, leaving the devices plugged in is not an option as they are then physically in the way. I can leave my rudder pedals plugged in, but I have to remove the yoke. So the suggestions to leave them plugged in is not feasible in our cases.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I can leave them plugged in and generally do. The problem is I get this behaviour every so often when they are plugged in and has even happened mid flight. It's rare but annoying. Hoping for new drivers soon from saitek.

Chris

So what is our alternative? Anyone I am not aware of that competes with Saitek at a similar price point? If so I am gone. eBay and caveat emptor!

Frank Patton
ASUS