Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Windows 10 - 10 days! Where is Saitek?

Something might have changed. I booted up this afternoon and my TQ is now powered and ready to go. Prior to this I've had to disable and enable it in the device manager to get it to power up. So it's possible a fix has come through via windows update.

Jessica. No luck here. I am sure my Windows 10 updated today but my drivers are still the same, from 2011.  If I delete them it appears Windows just installs them again the next time I connect them.

Is there any way to view Windows 10 update history?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Jessica. No luck here. I am sure my Windows 10 updated today but my drivers are still the same, from 2011.  If I delete them it appears Windows just installs them again the next time I connect them.

Is there any way to view Windows 10 update history?

Yes. Go to Windows Updates, Advanced Options, View Your Update History. And if you click on Uninstall Updates, you get the classic Control Panel list.

Reinstalled saitek win 8.1 64 bit drivers for each device and flew without crashing. Need further testing to ensure stability but looks good.

Chris

Yes. Go to Windows Updates, Advanced Options, View Your Update History. And if you click on Uninstall Updates, you get the classic Control Panel list.

Where is it that you are going to Windows Updates in Win 10? I don't find in tghe list it via a right-click on the Start button, and don't find it in Control Panel.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Where is it that you are going to Windows Updates in Win 10? I don't find in tghe list it via a right-click on the Start button, and don't find it in Control Panel.

Use the search box that's built in.

Or, use the new "Settings" thing.

I am aware that this post is old, but I still suffer from this bleeping crash that apparently occurs when disconnecting the Saitek Combat pedals (I do not have this problem with the X-52 Joystick). Anyhow, I might have a workaround for those who still have this problem when it occurs randomly without disconnecting:

-Go to Device Manager (rightclick on Start and choose Device manager)

-Find your pedals and rightclick on the USB device and choose properties.

-Under the Power Management TAB untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Win 10 has major issues with this on many devices (Or the driver developers have major issues with this feature on win 10).
Anyhow, I am sorry if this has been solved elsewhere and that I am revoking an old post, but if there is another fix out there please let me know. I have still not found anything that works.

It's a Saitek issue, not Windows 10. Saitek have let a lot of their customers down with a failure to produce decent drivers. Take the X65F HOTAS for example. Cost a relative fortune for a joystick and it remains a paperweight with no decent Windows 10 driver a full year after the OS was launched. Pity as it is a really solid piece of equipment.

Pop it on eBay and change brands. :(

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Although I have to agree that Mad Catz (who now own Saitek) have really messed up when it comes to support under Windows 10, it is a bit over the top to say that Saitek products don't work at all under the OS. I am still using the Windows 8.1 driver for my X-65F (version 7.0.10.6 dated 5/18/2011) and it works just fine with P3d, either directly or with FSUIPC. Further, Mad Catz has issued a beta driver (7.0.45.10, dated 10/2/2015):

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/604/0/windows-10--saitek-hotas-beta-drivers-and-software-release

and there are comparable beta Windows 10 drivers for other Saitek products:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

Basically, it's pretty evident that someone at Mad Catz is very confused about how to provide legitimate drivers and technical support.

I have tried these drivers 7.0.10.6 and the newer beta drivers but for some reason the X-65F stick works sometimes, more commonly not. Then it's uninstall driver, reboot, reinstall driver, sometimes repeat a few times. I gave up. My son has a Win 10 PC and FSX. We have had the exact same issue on his PC.

I have not tried it again since moving to P3D. My system is not a beta test system. Pulled out my old Microsoft Forcefeedback 2 stick and it works perfectly.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I just installed Windows 10 and was looking into purchasing the Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control and Throttle combo, but when coming across this thread, it's giving me doubts as to whether this will work 100% in Windows 10 or not. Does anyone have this combo and can report that it's 100% operational without any fuss?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU